Jump to content

Can someone explain?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yep, same here, I'm in for it sounding good first and foremost. When I had my PR setup, everyone who got in commented on how good it sounded. Then the one time I actually did meter it, was at around 145. Didn't get the same respect I did before I told them, as if them knowing the number somehow changed how it sounded. I don't get it. I get the mentality of competing in general, but not what goes along with it in car audio.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

It's a tangible measure that for the most part anyone can attain. It's the preverbial line that separates two classes. Kinda like hitting .300 in baseball, why not set your sights at .400 or .500

150 is a number "the masess" have set for dividing the "players" from the "wanna be's"

Show me anything humans do and I'm sure there's a line drawn in the sand, it's human nature

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

Around here we don't drag. Been told it cost to much. So getting to a number in a particular class is where its at. We are not classified by 130, 140, 150, ect. we are classified by 0-600 watts, 601-1000 etc...

www.bassbattles.com

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Posted

I am more impressed with looks and clean wiring etc.... than some random number that people made up to be the norm.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

I've never metered a single system I've had because I build for my enjoyment could care less about numbers. The whole built not bought thing though I mean sure it gives you a sense of pride when you do it all yourself but let's be honest guys some have no business using a saw or don't even know how to use one anyways, and some of the electrical I've seen is downright scary. Point is some people should just pay for a build and get it done right and safe.

Edit- should admit that I've been thinking of building a system for street 1k or 2k to see if competition is something I would enjoy doing and those classes seem like it's pretty cheap to get into.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3051 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...