Jump to content

Cross over placement opinions ( with a poll)


Pick the Placement!  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. What X-Over layout looks the best?

    • Option #1
      1
    • Option #2
      9
    • Option #3
      0


Recommended Posts

Posted

personally, I'd put it behind the panel....there isn't one right angle on that door to match with the xover. But if I had to choose, option 2 for equal space reasons.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

personally, I'd put it behind the panel....there isn't one right angle on that door to match with the xover. But if I had to choose, option 2 for equal space reasons.

Seconded exactly. Behind panel or #2

Posted

none of the above.... i'd put it inside the door panel or hidden in the dash. another option would be to flush mount it in the black section towards the back of the door.

Posted

I would do hidden, but if you lol the way the xover looks number two

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Option #4; hidden. I flirted with the idea of mounting mine to my door panels, or cutting a hole and mounting them behind so you could see them, wound up finding some space behind them and hiding them. If you want to display them and you're dead set on that, I'd say Option #3 and partially flush mount them/recess them so it doesn't look like you just screwed it straight to the door panel.

If you're gonna display them, put in some extra work and make it look really nice, cause if it shows it's open to criticism. My speaker install is all behind factory grills and looks stock, but it sure doesn't sound that way.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

Personally, I like to mount mine all in the same place where I have easy access to them for adjustments and changes. Such as the trunk or on the sub box. My wagon has a removable floor panel in the trunk where the spare goes, I have all my amps and crossovers mounted there.

Posted

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm going with #2 for many reasons.

The main being I went all summer with no radio because I just flat out haven't had time. Between work and kids I'm done. I stripped out the interior back in April/may and it's still out. I'm kind of tired of driving around like that.

From a visual standpoint this is no doubt a compromise as I know I can and have done better work but from a progress standpoint it's all I can do right now.

I looked for option behind the panel and the way the Firebird is set up it's not going to work all that well.

Thanks again

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5019 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...