Don't Touch My Stereo!

I would be concerned taking my car back to that place because that same dude might be cleaning it again and I bet he'll remember your car and you challenging him. Never know what shady thing he could do to your car.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I honestly have never seen the issue or annoyance. Would it be an issue if you didn't have a loud system but the still listened to music. By reading I can see I'm the minority but as long as settings weren't touched I don't really care. I like to let people play around with my setups and listen to it how they choose

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I honestly have never seen the issue or annoyance. Would it be an issue if you didn't have a loud system but the still listened to music. By reading I can see I'm the minority but as long as settings weren't touched I don't really care. I like to let people play around with my setups and listen to it how they choose

You are missing the point dude. It is about respect for other people's property. If it isn't yours and you don't have permission to mess with it don't fucking touch it period. If I would have given the guys permission if would have been a whole different story. I mean it's a pair of SA 12's on a saz3500D at .5 ohms, no run of the mill car wash worker is going to know how to properly control the volume on a setup like that. I also shut the radio off completely before I exited the car so no one would be tempted, but it didn't work because when I got back into the car not only was the radio on but it was on a FM radio station. I don't listen to FM radio ever.

Let's say I had left a pistol in the front seat in a gun box but it wasn't locked. Is it okay for the fuck heads to take it out and fire off a couple of rounds? No, but it's the same concept. I went out of my way to the best of my ability to make sure that they weren't going to mess with it and the dicks did anyway because they lack respect.

I won't let it ever happen again. I plan to either switch decks or install a kill switch to the remote wires. Like I said I have always removed the faceplate in the past but this deck does not have the option and it could have possibly cost me some equipment because of it. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to make sure dip shits at a car wash don't blast my stereo but it is the world we live in I guess.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I don't see that as analogous at all. It wouldn't be ok for ANYONE to grab a gun and just fire a couple rounds. I'm not missing the point at all, I think you are missing mine though. I personally don't find it disrespectful if people play my system. Never have and never will and I accept that you do not share my.opinion.

I do my own detailing but have had my cars at small jiffy shops and the people will ask for the keys and I know most will be curious as all hell and usually say, just don't go above 35 on the headunit, but that's just me

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I don't see that as analogous at all. It wouldn't be ok for ANYONE to grab a gun and just fire a couple rounds. I'm not missing the point at all, I think you are missing mine though. I personally don't find it disrespectful if people play my system. Never have and never will and I accept that you do not share my.opinion.

I do my own detailing but have had my cars at small jiffy shops and the people will ask for the keys and I know most will be curious as all hell and usually say, just don't go above 35 on the headunit, but that's just me

YOU- only turn it to 35.....

NUMBSKULL- that shit go to way pass 35, what a dumb ass... I'll crank it till the knob dont turn no more for the loudz-

Actually by the bolded statement you do see my point and the analogy. Just as it isn't okay for ANYONE to grab a gun and fire off rounds it isn't okay for ANYONE to touch a stereo that isn't theirs.

And as far as your point, honestly it's stupid as hell. I'm sure no one else here shares your point of view on the topic so you might as well leave your opinion out of it.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Anyone includes yourself, lol. So...

Dipshit I said is it okay for ANYONE to touch a stereo that isn't theirs. It's my fucking stereo. Reading > You

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived