Da Fuq needs super caps??? (anyone seen this??,.New lithium)

XS Power had lithium batteries a couple years ago, wherent to big of sellers then, maybe it was price tho.

Who knows.

xsp-L545_L.jpg

This one is from 2010

http://lithiumpros.com/xs-power-l1600-press-release/
Sold under the LithiumPro name, but XS Power is stamped in the side of the case.

Looks like LP bought the tech and everything in the lithium line from XS power.

L1600A.jpg

someone on here said "To me the benefit outweighs the risk" say that when your terminals vibrate off causing a short and getting you killed.. tell me then it outweighs the risk

i wouldn't run them.. we wont ever have safe connections that are required for those batteries. using dual terminals will make the situation even more dangerous

I'm not really scared of the safety issues, I use lipo batteries in my rc cars and have never had a single problem and I'm not exactly nice to them.

The price however scares me.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

rc cars are not subjected to 150+ dbs and lots of violent vibrations. plus every thing that uses those batteries are built different where they will almost never short. in car audio even if you're careful things can go wrong. its a totally different environment regardless if you use them in you're everyday routine

the size of those batteries will burn way too hot way too fast to where you wont be able to react

You're right I put my rc car batteries through way worse than what a batt in my car would go through.

I'm not saying they are safe I'm just safety the safety part isn't an issue for me but $1500 on a batt that's new to the market scares me. If I was going to get one I'd wait and see how it go's for the first people to take the dive first.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Interesting thread, staying tuned in for more/new information.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Let me just say, for the price of one of these, you could get 3-4 banks of caps. that right there is more powerful than one of these batteries and much

safer. i have seen 3 banks shorted and ya it wasn't pretty but the car didn't burn down. all it did was spark a lot. caps discharge quickly anyways so even

if there was a dead short it wouldn't last very long.

As some of you know i am not very nice to my equipment at times lol. I ran 6k+ on a single bank of caps. ya, thats way to much. My voltage was terrible.

but as soon as i would let up on it they would charge back up. then i could go for another 20 seconds lol. you could not abuse one of these batts. my point is, there are a lot of people in the audio community that know what they are doing, and if you do, you won't do stupid shit like me and run your voltage stupid low lol. but there are even more people out there that have no idea what they are doing. those are the people who are goanna blow one of these up in their car.

with that being said, i wouldn't run one of these. ya i know what i am doing for the most part, but i still have a lot to learn. and i know i have been super careful when working on my car but despite that, i have shorted things out. it happens to everyone from time to time. you do that once with one of these and you may be outta luck.

i mean what happens if your alt dies on you outta nowhere. what if you drop a screw on the terminals. what if the cover slips off your fuse holder and the wire grounds out. you may think this will never happen, but i have seen or had all three of these happen before. it's not worth the risk. The one time something happes it will be the last.

LOL

3banks more powerful and safer than lithium

Holy shit you are serious

If caps were so strong don't you think cars would use them, or bikes or anything that uses lithium batteries ( o wait they do, inside the controllers to move power in and out faster) but not as a reserve...... And considering cars move much more current than my little bike, I'm still drawing more amps than 99% of the people on this forum with that bike..... And 2 small lithium batteries.

To give you an idea I could pull 440 amps constantly for about 30 min. On 2 batteries; and now since I changed the controller I'm drawing upwards of 550 amps constant until the battery is at low resting voltage at which point you must charge

Charging can happen in under an hr so if you used them like a cap dis charging for 5 min. Charge for 5 like most stereo comps go, you would be fine

Demoing would be less stressful. Because of the insane amount of compasity

550 amps with no recharging..... For looooooong periods of time. Like to see a bank of caps get close.......I don't care how big (take ami's bank of caps)..... He can't even put out that much power for that long........... He is playing for 5 min at most before recharge and he has a whole fucking bed of caps.

Lithium can do that with 2-3 batteries and price at that point is closer than you think; add up the mpg alone, in weight savings I know my battery bank was close to 800 lbs, I could have replaced that with something with 2x the compasity and 125 lbs

4x compasity at 200 lbs

I'm mean clearly caps are much much much better :lmao:

Sorry snowdrifter doesnt look like ur post sunk in like it should have

Eventually people open their eyes to the future...

electric

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

rc cars are not subjected to 150+ dbs and lots of violent vibrations. plus every thing that uses those batteries are built different where they will almost never short. in car audio even if you're careful things can go wrong. its a totally different environment regardless if you use them in you're everyday routine

the size of those batteries will burn way too hot way too fast to where you wont be able to react

150 db will not effect the structure of this

It's just like any other multi cell battery; just add a battery controller to monitor it and give earning warnings of a dead cell or imbalance which you do not have when you build a bank of caps.

So if you were ami and had a huge bank of caps it's just as sketchy if not more sketching because you can't tell when you have a bad cell.... Happened more than you think too bad cells are common

Ask Ray (aa98hoe)

Give you an idea of what some batteries look like

69A5795E-BDA5-4103-A772-45D01E95DF5F_zps

1014466A-5F11-4D11-A9CD-DC7E75473716_zps

If a dirt bike won't rattle them apart 150db stereo isn't either.... Be realistic.... I beat the fuck outta these bikes way more than my wall ever could

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived