4x6's

d-nice88

what are they in? Are there speakers in the doors?

I run mid ranges in my doors and the tweets on my dash... Love the way the soundstage blends right around my head.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I'm gonna take a guess that you have a GMT 400 style vehicle? If I am right, your problem is going to be that you can't use something like Rockford and still use the factory grills due to the tweeter protruding so far. If you don't want to modify anything, and I were you, I would go with Hertz. As stated though, 4x6's suck. Wish they would have never been put into a vehicle.

just find / make an adapter plate for a 4x6 opening and you could probably fit a 4" full range in its place. Check out Parts Express for speakers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=4x6+adapter+plate&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=nts

Are you running these speakers on an amp at all or just the factory power? Scosche seems to sell a set of 2 adapters for $12.00 and $20 / peice for 2 speakers = $50 upgrade which is not a bad price at all and if they are replacing factory 4x6's you will slap yourself by how much better they will sound. I would probably stick with just a full range speaker and not try to go coaxial because of possible space limitations and coax cost more and don't always sound as good. Just my .02. Also if you plan on getting the brackets, find a way to seal them in or put some sound deadening around them to prevent any rattle. I found a page that might help with your search for cost effective / quality sounding speakers -

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/midrange-midbass-drivers-full-range-speakers/16?N=21631+4294967118+4294964705+4294965095&Ne=10166&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29]&Ns=P_BestPrice|0&PortalID=1

Archived