Jump to content

4x6's


d-nice88

Recommended Posts

Posted

Don't buy 4×6's.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

what are they in? Are there speakers in the doors?

I run mid ranges in my doors and the tweets on my dash... Love the way the soundstage blends right around my head.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

I'm gonna take a guess that you have a GMT 400 style vehicle? If I am right, your problem is going to be that you can't use something like Rockford and still use the factory grills due to the tweeter protruding so far. If you don't want to modify anything, and I were you, I would go with Hertz. As stated though, 4x6's suck. Wish they would have never been put into a vehicle.

Posted

Are you running these speakers on an amp at all or just the factory power? Scosche seems to sell a set of 2 adapters for $12.00 and $20 / peice for 2 speakers = $50 upgrade which is not a bad price at all and if they are replacing factory 4x6's you will slap yourself by how much better they will sound. I would probably stick with just a full range speaker and not try to go coaxial because of possible space limitations and coax cost more and don't always sound as good. Just my .02. Also if you plan on getting the brackets, find a way to seal them in or put some sound deadening around them to prevent any rattle. I found a page that might help with your search for cost effective / quality sounding speakers -

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/midrange-midbass-drivers-full-range-speakers/16?N=21631+4294967118+4294964705+4294965095&Ne=10166&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29]&Ns=P_BestPrice|0&PortalID=1

Posted

Yeah I forgot about the Dayton 4" full ranges are parts express. If you could make yourself your own adapter plate that would be a great option off of head unit power.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...