Second Skin Audio

Isobaric Tunnel / Quasi Isobaric Eighth Order Bandpass Design Help?

BMX-Casey

Looking to create an Isobaric Tunnel / Quasi Isobaric Eighth Order Bandpass or similar.

The subs I will be using will be (2x) DD 9915's.

I am unsure what type of enclosure will work best with these, and also for an Isobaric Tunnel/Eighth Order Bandpass design I don't have a clue where to start designing it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated - or any other suggestions you may have.

Ideally the plan is to get the box really windy, and is more for SPL, not SQ.

Thanks!

Oh boy

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You would be MUCH better off with a 1/4 wave enclosure if you have the room for all that shit you suggested ...

Just saying, best of luck brother !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Are you doing some research for Bose or something?

Kiss it and you'll save time, money and your sanity. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

just a question but why do you want that type of enclosure? And you do reslize its going to be HUGE right?

Honestly? - Mainly just to try something a little different, I was going to Plexi-glass the front panel and make a bit of a display out of it too, so you can see the subs working as a Clamshell, and how to internals lay out with the chambers. Size wise - I wasn't entirely sure, hence popping the question on here :) But thank you for your response, much appreciated! :D

nice subs, just go ported

Yeah, love a good DD - They can usually take a hell of a lot more than rated and are built exceptionally well and perform great from what I've been told, heard and seen.

My main aim was to go for a nice fairly large Air Piston and get some air movement.

Ported may be an option for the simplicity - but, everybody does it! I want something a bit more challenging, 'extraordinary', and something that is going to produce good Low Frequency SPL figures.

You would be MUCH better off with a 1/4 wave enclosure if you have the room for all that shit you suggested ...

Just saying, best of luck brother !!!

I did think of going down the 1/4 Line route, but again, it's not very often you see enclosures like the ones I want to aim at building.

But wasn't best clued up on them (especially Isobaric enclosures) so thought I'd pop on here to see the experts for some advice! ;) For a start, I wouldn't have a clue about how to go about calculating the air space/chamber volumes and ports for an Isobaric enclosure as above.

I'll have to keep you posted! :)

Are you doing some research for Bose or something?

Kiss it and you'll save time, money and your sanity. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Funny you should mention that.. B)

Haha, nope - wouldn't mind it if I was though!

But thanks, I know my sanity was a big risk factor with a build like this like you say haha!

Probably doesn't help that it would be in a 'walled' application too, with a front-facing port so not an awful lot of cabin space left for the standing wave to actually build.

But simplicity may be an option if I don't think of something soon! :ph34r:

2cf LF chamber @ 25hz firing into an 8cf chamber @ 55hz loading into a 16cf chamber @ 42hz.

Get to work.

The 16cf chamber - could this essentially be the remaining cabin space? As I'd imagine the cabin space would be around 16cf? In which case.. :yahoo:

I'll tune in for an epic build...

Eek! No pressure then.. :lol:

Archived