SMD Tool Rental...Who would be interested?

YES!!! I am pretty much on my own where I live (you guys are my only friends! :cray:) ...and , well, if you're gonna spend all this money on reputable equipment and gear, you have to have the right tool to do the job! I only have the DD-1, but im sure TONS of folks on this forum would love to utilize the tools that are readily available. I tune maybe once a year, so a rental program would be absolutely ideal! The CC-1 and AMM-1 would really get my system where it should be!

Extremely interested! :good:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

i'll give my run down of rental when I did it just so you can test the waters with previous renters. i started out with just 1 DD1, i wound up with 12 DD1s and 5 CC1s before stopping. It was a simple process of trust b/c I tried to do a hold for the cost of device and no one, i mean no one wanted to rent and it was up for atlas 4 months and I was a reputable seller on that forum with over 100 transaction since 2010. one device was $30 for 1 week (not including shipping time to and from), two devices were $50 for 1 week (not including shipping time to and from). the price including USPS priority shipping to the renter and from the renter back to me. i packaged up the device(s) into a USPS Flat Rate priority bubble mailer with the return shipping label already on it than put that into a USPS Flat Rate priority envelope. this was simple, you pay me for rental, i shipped device to you (you received in 2 days), use the device within a week, put device back in the bubble mailer, than put it in the mail box. I used USPS for 2 reasons. 1, it was 2 day shipping for a good price. 2, it was free shipping materials. I thought it was going to be this big thing since so many people said they would do it. I spend over $1500 on devices. my expectation was to have at least 2 devices out a week. it was barely 1 device out a month sometimes, other times I had a waiting list. Several times I had to go through astronomical means to get a hold of someone who didn't return the device. Keep in mind, you don't know these people no matter how their internet personality makes them seem. I had several people who were considered to be reputable or trustworthy no return the devices for months. I created a spread sheet that kept track of person's name and address, ship out date with tracking, expected ship back date with tracking number, actual ship back date, device received or device still out. Every night I would jump on USPS' website to enter tracking info of devices still out and devices expected to ship. if it wasn't shown as received or scanned by USPS than I would send out an e-mail and a PM simply stating "I checked tracking and USPS doesn't have device, please place device into mail box with pre-paid return shipping package or if you know it will be out on a future date please let me know". If the device needed extra time with the renter, all the renter had to do was pay me an additional $5 for 1 more week of time. if the renter lost or threw away the original return shipping label and package, it was $5 to cover the cost of shipping the new one to them. I always kept an extra print out of the return shipping label until I received the device back from the person with that return label. The reason I even started was b/c I had an original list of people that committed to rent of nearly 300. i thought that would be a good business since so many people were interested. that 300 was just for the DD1, I had another 100+ for the CC1. I planned on expanding to the IM-SG, AMM-1, HPS140i. I rented out a total of just under 100 in a little over a year b/c most of those that committed backed out. I made about $15 on each rental, so lets say I rented out 100 units@$15 margin thats $1500 in about a year. I spent that on devices. after about 15 months I looked at the numbers both financial and time wise. It was not worth the time and effort for the money. I sold off the devices than bought an AMM1 so I have a DD1, CC1, AMM1, and HPS140i. maybe if you got a really good deal on some used ones should you really consider it. for the time and money, it's not worth the hassle and there are not that many people out there that would rent these devices as you'll be lead to believe especially if you plan on charging more than $30 for a week long rental or have a way of charging the renter for the cost of device.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Going to start with 5 dd1, 5 cc1, 1 I msg, and 1 amm1 for the rental program. If the need grows then I will add more tools.

that looks like a good starting point to get ur feet wet see how things go and what not

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here