Friend goes to CarToys and spends $9410.61!

I give system discounts with milf participation. ;). In all reality if someone isn't into building for themselves and has the means to spend the money, let them. Guys like me make a living doing what others can't.

No Bill that's different you use good stuff and slave " minion " labor

BTW I love the Black widow build

Thanks!

I'll tell ya right now, 10k isn't out of line for a complete system. In the retail side of it, you can get a bang for your buck. Will it be what you can buy yourself? Fuck no. But that's a serious budget to get a kickass system ready to bang all day. What a good shop can build With that budget can smoke most "garage guys" in quality any day. If you don't think so, send your buddy my way and i'll show you what 10k gets you in a quality shop.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Im wondering why you didnt stop him

I tried, but he insisted he was going to be louder than me. Im not to loud by any means but it seems to be an achievement in his eyes. He kept asking if turning the bass boost up would make him louder after the install ;(

It probably hurt him more when you spent less than him and sure are louder lol

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

i would send you my impala but youre too far

10k is not a lot.. i have 2k in just batteries

All comes down to expectations. You either want performance, or style OR both. All comes down to expectations and the ability of the builder to meet your goals given the budget you have. I can build different levels of awesome based on your budget. In defense to most shops, they can't accurately price out an spl build. It's not their thing. On the flip side, I tend to under charge my work because I'm building nicer then I typically charge for.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'll tell ya it sucks ass to quote out a job at 3500 bucks to spend 3k in materials and then take 2 months to build it. ;) trust me, you get to a point where you just want the job done.

I'll tell ya it sucks ass to quote out a job at 3500 bucks to spend 3k in materials and then take 2 months to build it. ;) trust me, you get to a point where you just want the job done.

Sounds like something I always get caught up doing and it sucks!

I always under estimate time to do something because I will run into something I didnt plan on ahead of time or something stupid.

how the hell you quote 3500 and spend 3000 in material lol you make a bad businessman

Cars and Audio always have ways of throwing you a curveball that will set you back especially when you do custom work like Bill,Steve,Brian and several of the other guys here

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I see no problem with the kid paying a shop for the install if he doesn't have the knowledge. Definitely seems like he was charged top dollar for equipment but that's to be expected with shops . Not saying they'll all rip you off but you'll certainly pay more for products most of the time...

I want to see the guys build though... I know one thing Focal makes some kick ass audio stuff

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Sounds like something I always get caught up doing and it sucks!

I always under estimate time to do something because I will run into something I didnt plan on ahead of time or something stupid.

When I was painting house's my boss under quoted a job by about $15,000, no wonder the home owner was so quick to say yes.

When I have anything done if it's quality work and I feel I underpaid I always give the person a generous tip.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived