Second Skin Audio

Why we all buy high price subs

LsChevy

i buy whatever fits my budget and gives me the most for my money. i only avoid certain brands. But if ii could run all Kraco i would be all over that,

This was never intended to be a bash Kicker thread nor am I sticking up for Kicker specifically. It was more about how so many of the forum users here talk trash about any and everything mainstream car audio. If a brand isn't trendy enough, get that shit away from here. There's a new subwoofer manufacturer in town? OMG! I must buy all their shit before anybody else finds out about them. It's like being back in high school and worrying about the brand name of your damn jeans. Run what you like and what sounds best to you. If you like DC Audio's products, great. Buy em up. But don't buy them just because they're not, quote, "super accessible and well known." What a stupid fucking reason...

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Nicely put Sencheezy.

But I loved my 4 12 Kicker C12A (2000) for what they were....than I loved my 4 RF HX2 12s (2005) even more. Much more output in comparison. But were there underground subs 10-15 yrs ago?

-Frank

Yeah there were plenty of boutique brands back then.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Are you so fucking ignorant that you COMPLETELY missed what I meant by super accessible?

YOU CAN BUY THEM AT WALMART.

any inbred fuck such as yourself can walk in and buy them with their apples and condoms. They sold out. And you know what? It was a kickass idea financially on their part to do so.

You know how much money they probably made off of that?

Shit dude, if Jacob could up and do that, there is NO doubt in my mind that he would throw the E-Series and the SA-series ALL OVER Sams Club and Walmart shelves.

But yeah, a sub is $80 at walmart. Break that down, just randomly, Walmart is making $10? freight charges would be roughly $3 per woofer, import fees/taxes per woofer like $7?

So now we have a "$60" woofer. Kicker must be getting charged like $10 each for the build house, so now $50. I'll stop at that...

I'm not sure exactly how many members here would want a "$50" woofer in their vehicle. But I GUARANTEE there is a piss load that would love a $500 or even a "$500" woofer in their car.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Because I can't do a 160 with 4 cheap 15s

thinks he's going to do 160's!!

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Everything they make isn't and hasn't always been junk.

Any company in their right minds that got an offer to sell their product at Walmart would be a complete moron to say no.

If they start selling FI at Walmart would you call them sell outs and stop buying the product?

If it wasn't for companies like kicker, Rockford, jl, phoenix gold, orion, soundstream, and hell even Pyle and lanzar car audio would not be what it is today period.

So thank them for that.

The kicker amps are good solid amps the components are nice too the subs are the only thing I would not buy from them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived