Second Skin Audio

JL Audio 1000/1 v1 amp melting wires problem

Flip_one

And a shop looked at this set up or just told you to use a 300 amp fuse because JL amps are power hungry?

Like someone said... we all had to start somewhere so not knocking the system but time to redo everything. Get the right bolts, wire size, fuse holders, ect to do it right. Lucky it hasnt started a fire yet. Isn't the fuel tank back there somewhere? lol

Does anyone know where I can buy the appropriate bolts for my battery? It's a Stinger SPV35

Take the bolt you have to a hardware store and match the threads up and buy a shorter one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wow didn't even see that battery connections I bet that one of the major issue you have and when's it's fixed you should have much better voltage..

Again wow.... Still that's one problem I counted more a nice full day rewiring would be a good idea

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Does anyone know where I can buy the appropriate bolts for my battery? It's a Stinger SPV35

Take the bolt you have to a hardware store and match the threads up and buy a shorter one.

your best bet is to do this ^^ because you might have messed up the threads to the negative terminal already by using the wrong bolt and if you buy the original bolts now they might not screw in.

I'm thinking the JL amp has striped screws for amp inputs. Only because he said it did the same thing and melted the wires even with the 4ga wire.

All the times I've ever seen the area where the wire meltts say fuse holders and such it's always a loose conncection.

Save the random fool running wire too small which isn't the case here.

Lets say the screws were stripped and If I put new screws in and tighten them real good and still does the same thing what other things could have caused it?

More than likely it's going to be the terminal that's striped not the bolt its' self. The battery connections are bad ,but if they were teh main problem I'd tend to believe the wire would melt at the battery not the amp. I could be wrong. Just my thinking, but wire to my thinking would melt in the area of most resistants.

Archived