Sonic Electronix

Myth or Fact? Some Vehicles are bad for SPL?

Rangers suck with anything but a wall (except the audionerdz truck, DD Z's don't count lmao) <_< but ill be fixing that soon enough B):ph34r:

not true, local guy had 2 15's on 2 2500's doing 153.5's @ 35hz at the window line in a ranger.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

theres a guy down here who has a mustang walled with 3 18s and is doing 160s. Its been 1st in its division for a few years now.... so it can be done lol.

as for the OP, if your looking solely for numbers, id try more port area (i run 2 12" N3's with 2 6"aero ports), it seems for SPL you want/need more port area than a normal "Daily" setup, and tune higher. If you were tuned in the upper 30's or sub 40's i could see a couple db gain possibly happening. Good thing about using aeros is you can change tuning easily so maybe try it with the box's you already have. and maybe try to find where your SUV resonates if you have a spare 10" sub laying around.

That would be Roberth Huth.

Same guy with 12 DDZ 12's in an astro.

He has an M4a per sub in his mustang on 3 9918's supercharged.

yes sir, very cool guy, i always try to get him to leave me with some of his knowledge whenever i can haha. thats where i hope to be when im his age...

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Oh I might have you this go around now

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Going to be getting another truck or SUV soon (most likely SUV)......trying to decide if I want to get a "loud" vehicle and make that my toy or build up the f150.....either way, it's going to involve two more 15s......

Currently looking at:

-yukon denali

-explorer

-tahoe

-sierra

-silverado

.....in that order.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Are some vehicles *easier* than others to get loud? Yes.

But you can get damn near anything pretty loud if you really want to. The question is... do you really want to?

You can't force your truck to get loud with the boxes YOU like. You have to use a box the truck likes. And that's not just as simple as sub/port orientation.

I caught hell trying to do a number in my Titan. But by the time I was done... it was doing 50 on music with a single 12".

My guess is that you're landing smack dab in the middle of wave development. Or maybe your pocket is garbage. Where are you metering?

I am metering on the dash sealed up legal. Like I said I have tried all sub/port firing directions but two really. One of them I am building today, which is subs/port all firing back. The only orientation I will have left at that point is subs/port forward which I would think is a bad idea honestly.

As for forcing the truck to be loud with what I like, after trying 5 boxes I think its not what I like in boxes. Of course the tuning has been adjusted in the same general range 32-35 hz, the box I am building today is going to be tuned higher at 39hz.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Are some vehicles *easier* than others to get loud? Yes.

But you can get damn near anything pretty loud if you really want to. The question is... do you really want to?

You can't force your truck to get loud with the boxes YOU like. You have to use a box the truck likes. And that's not just as simple as sub/port orientation.

I caught hell trying to do a number in my Titan. But by the time I was done... it was doing 50 on music with a single 12".

My guess is that you're landing smack dab in the middle of wave development. Or maybe your pocket is garbage. Where are you metering?

That's Ric from PCA taught me, "so many people build a box and never factor in the vehicle as part of the box design beside space dimensions"

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

Archived