Did you follow the directions in the manual? That's as basic as it gets. All EQ's and frequency boosters and anything else set to flat? You didn't crank the gain all of the way up and let it sit? How do you know the amp is fried? Is power/protect led on or off? Is everything hooked up correctly (RCA's in all of the way) did you check to make sure there is voltage coming through the RCAS

Sorry sir but i did the first 2 amp the same way everything was flat an all factory setting were still zero out. The amp turn's on but the rightside speaker's just pulsate, i just had the whole install chk out everthing was good. Brought a brand new amp an it was install the same day the system work i just don't understand what happen.

Did you use your multimeter to check the voltage coming out of the amp on those channels after this started? Did you leave the speakers connected while you did it? What ohm load are they wired to? What do they read individually?

Basic troubleshooting. Check all possibilities first.

Ok if it's user error then the first 2 amp should have been fried too right. I think all amp have a power an a ground an there a gain knob for adjusting. I'm not bashing the device, just trying to see if someone else had a problem with it an can help me understand what i could've done wrong.

you do know that's not how it works right? saying a DD1 "fried" an amp is the same as saying that a DMM "fried" an amp. just the same as a DMM shows numbers when connected the DD1 lights up LEDs when connected.

Edited by fasfocus00

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

yeah that is why I don't understand what happened they are the samething, I just the dmm yesterday that's why I'm lost. I need to build me a test bench.

amps have several electrical components in them that can fail. don't you think it's kind of unfair to come on a forum and blame test equipment on your equipment failure? I'm not just telling you this to take sides. you can see that I've had my own personal issues with SMD devices through a simple search. Even though my situation was different, I still had my issues which I look back on and were a bit premature with some of the things I said. Even to this day the issue has not been resolved to my satisfaction so I'm not taking the side of the device or the brand, i'm just stating that it's test equipment and it cannot be at fault especially for an amp frying. I'm an installer and see amps fail right out the box from a brand new shipment several times. try contacting the manufacturer to see if they offer any type of repair service, if not than you might want to open it up and shoot a couple pictures of the board.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

only problem i ever had with the dd1 i own is a dead or low battery.. ive used it 5 to 6 times i seem to rebuild alot haha.... if you bought the amp new and authorized i would just send it in for warranty repair

Like I said I'm not here to discredit the device or the manufactor of the amp, I just don't understand what went wrong I've never fried a amp before on my car or a customers car bUT it happen. I order a new cord an I'm still going to use the dd-1 it's a device I order an paid for so I'm still going to use it,that's why I'm put a test bench together right now to test amplifiers an radios in the future .

Were the speakers hooked up when this happened?

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It's really not possible to say what happened to be honest. It could have been user error it could have been s bad amp. It may have just been that amps time to go. You really can't say especially not being there

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.