Port area. what does it affect?

Im at that point right now, which is why Im gutting my shell.

2 4500s at .35 each 157.5

4 4500s at .7 each 157.6

4 4500s strapped in pairs of 2 at .35 ( .18 per amp) 157.8

Meaning my box is not efficient.

My woofers get stinky quick with the 4 amps at .7ohms when they did fine with 2 amps at .35ohm and could bang all day and only .1db quieter.

The added power is doing nothing, even when wired insanely low except turning into heat.

But with my korean microwaves even wired down at a crazy unsafe impedance my tinsels are still perfect :D

:)

still running same OEM leads after 4 years, and STILL get emails, pms and fb messages about the leads.

Im getting angry about em now. .. anyway...

I guess its time to open the vent some......

Also, im done wiring down. I wont do it again,... .. ever. Ill just buy more board....

When i was at .35, my subs just looked goofy (hard to explain).. wired up.. i LOVE they way they play....

Guess its all in each persons build, enclosure, power, voltage, and the like... i dunno.

I have rise from 1 to 3.6 at my peak.... but have gained like 2dB every time I have increased power... and even then, it isnt even double power. 4k amp @ 1 did 153.3, 7k amp did 156.2, now 2 5k's essentially doing 158.4 on the new meter (so old meter like a 58.7) [granted more motor force with new subs but still.]

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Just do what I do. Throw money at it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

damn, why do you have to be on the OTHER side of WI, lol............=(

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

There is no perfect answer Kyle it's just the way it is. It's why the guys chasing tenths have so many builds and designs and ugly boxes. I know we've talked and I know what I think hurts your current scores. But the bad part is to prove it you'd have to rebuild and then a rebuild doesn't mean louder it's a vicious circle. And it's part of the reason I don't meter. If it's loud and it does what I want the number doesn't matter to me because I'd be obsessed on trying to make that number appear.

Prefect reason to not meter.

I understand.

If you really know me... i dont care about the meter with competition.

I care, about not getting what i think i can, from my own shit. Not for anyone else, but, i like to learn, and grow.

Also, just getting"loud".. meh.. there are spl cars on a single 8" that smash me......

What im speaking of, is just doing it right, and not fighting myself..... with what ive done myself.

Nate, i know you dont like the angle at the top of the port,... and thats fair. Maybe its time for a center port,.... this winter.

Time for me to make a week vacation to Utah to help?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived