Port area. what does it affect?

Prefect reason to not meter.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Some of the simplest loudest boxes are in the super street no wall class

p0083_10.jpg

p5080210.jpg

No denying they have copious amounts of port area

general rule more port = more loud

Even in fourth orders loading walls are used to define the range and usually make them quieter

Bottom line is there will always be someone doing something you dont understand and being louder than you. Does it mean they are doing it the right way? hould you copy? probably not because equipment and vehicle do come into play as well.

if you want to be loud you need to fiddle with things constantly

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Haven't really ever heard of port volume ever mattering.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

He brings up a good point. Back in the day there was a move towards band pass boxes in street classes. The crx guys were maxed out basically with what they could do and started trying band passes etc. they started lunching woofers like it was cool. Numbers down you name it. Now of course they've moved beyond that and Brock's is louder out of the trunk than his crx was at any point.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

However, everything can be explained through science.

If something messes up in the real world you have to look at every single variable and isolate that and manipulate it to see its affects.

A MEN TO THAT, every time someone sees something different being done 1 time differently and they think its the new holy grail, then it doesnt work for them and they blame everything else possible. there a so many variables to everything and most people hardly ever take the time to at least define as many as they can in the beginning so when something happens they know there's more than just 1 possible answer.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

no offence...

but builds ive seen both you do, that have all the answers....

well..

do you have any builds ?

and im not trolling... im asking..

That's a fair question. I certainly don't have all the answers and there are plenty who know more than me. I'm just sharing what I've learned.

As far as builds go, I'm pretty limited as far as what I can do for myself, do to the other aspects of my life. I doubt my single E-12 on a 600 watt RF amp that's old enough to vote is going to impress you much. I've built lots of stuff for other people though that is much more interesting. I can give you specifics if you want.

If you have doubts about anything I say just let me know. I'd be happy to tell you the "how and why" of this stuff.

Thank you.

I just pm'd Krackin... to tell him i didnt mean for my post to seem shitty, but, i like to see what happens when, what happens....

I ment no disrespect. Not at all. Im the retard asking. ..

There is no perfect answer Kyle it's just the way it is. It's why the guys chasing tenths have so many builds and designs and ugly boxes. I know we've talked and I know what I think hurts your current scores. But the bad part is to prove it you'd have to rebuild and then a rebuild doesn't mean louder it's a vicious circle. And it's part of the reason I don't meter. If it's loud and it does what I want the number doesn't matter to me because I'd be obsessed on trying to make that number appear.

Prefect reason to not meter.

I understand.

If you really know me... i dont care about the meter with competition.

I care, about not getting what i think i can, from my own shit. Not for anyone else, but, i like to learn, and grow.

Also, just getting"loud".. meh.. there are spl cars on a single 8" that smash me......

What im speaking of, is just doing it right, and not fighting myself..... with what ive done myself.

Nate, i know you dont like the angle at the top of the port,... and thats fair. Maybe its time for a center port,.... this winter.

That angle messes up so many things.

Archived