Second Skin Audio

ADVICE on how to hit 20Hz hard with my planned setup?

I mean u guys say rune to 33 and I'll hit 25hz nicely. Should I leave it there or try and push down to 32 or 31. Or will that affect my highs too much

Tuning is not some random number that you pull out of thin air. It's based on the sub you use. That sub and subsequent tuning will dictate the frequency response.

Most enclosures will be able to play 20hz, provided they have decent woofers and good power, but like already stated 20hz is just flapping around.

You see guys like kevosinn who has a fucking wind tunnel that does hair tricks a 10hz but you have to consider how HUGE of a setup he has. Also consider what you will sacrifice for sound quality, not to mention frequency range if the focus is on playing 20hz well.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Most enclosures will be able to play 20hz, provided they have decent woofers and good power, but like already stated 20hz is just flapping around.

You see guys like kevosinn who has a fucking wind tunnel that does hair tricks a 10hz but you have to consider how HUGE of a setup he has. Also consider what you will sacrifice for sound quality, not to mention frequency range if the focus is on playing 20hz well.

Allright 33hz it is. Now I got 1 run about 10f eet of knuconcepts power and wire 100 ofc. If I'm getting an amp that runs 4000 watt rms at 2 ohms would it be a good idea to run another 0 gauge wire. Since i will have a total of 5000 watts rms for all three amps in my setup. It couldn't hurt right. I do have the space and money. And that would keep heat down on the power transfer havinG 2 runs no?

4K @ 2 OHM's is going to be very expensive if you just want one amplifier. Cheapest route i'd take is to get two strappable 2K amps, like a pair of Crescendo BC2000's or SoundQubed 2200's. You can also take your chances with Taramps HD4000 or Banda Ice 4000 and get one of their 2 OHM versions. Otherwise, you are going to need a 7K+ amplifier, like Ampre Audio's 8K, American Bass VFL750.1, DC Audio 7.5K...

And two runs of 1/0 OFC should be used, one run won't be able to carry the carry that current draw, or will be pushing the limits of that wire. Make sure you fuse accordingly. I prefer to fuse for the wire (max current rating at 20ft for me personally) but you can add up the recommended fuse sizes for your amps and use that for your fuse size, as long as the wire can handle that current.

Pretty much it's a tune low to play low gig. Tuning in the 22 range will still let ya hit 20

its really alot to factor in... how much power. ....what drivers? ( 18s will do better then 12s for hitting 20 hz IMO)... and port area compared to the sized box you want... ALL OF this will in a sense calculate what you want to tune..

if you want me to look into it more, with maybe a box design shoot me a message ill be happy to help

Archived