Jump to content

Internet Speed


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm getting 60Mb up and down on Verizon Fios outside Philadelphia. fiber optic connection is theoretically infinite bandwidth. it's either the modem or the isp that slows you down.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

What you guys know bout that middle of nowhere speed?

E11C4455-BF21-4BA0-90B8-20A7D3B66685_zps

We've been getting something like that for almost a year from Centurylink. Few weeks ago they announced that they had a fiber plugged in the wrong switch. :lol: Looping the whole town through a single rack I suppose.

Now, we're back up to 10mbps down and 1mbps up. Lame as hell.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

Posted

What you guys know bout that middle of nowhere speed?

We've been getting something like that for almost a year from Centurylink. Few weeks ago they announced that they had a fiber plugged in the wrong switch. :lol: Looping the whole town through a single rack I suppose.

Now, we're back up to 10mbps down and 1mbps up. Lame as hell.

Nice. Maybe that's what's wrong here, but I doubt it. This is Verizon DSL, 1.5mbps advertised, but clearly much less than that. At my house we have cox, not sure what "package", but it's 6.6mpbs download on the test, which is plenty enough for me.
Posted

What you guys know bout that middle of nowhere speed?

We've been getting something like that for almost a year from Centurylink. Few weeks ago they announced that they had a fiber plugged in the wrong switch. :lol: Looping the whole town through a single rack I suppose.

Now, we're back up to 10mbps down and 1mbps up. Lame as hell.

Nice. Maybe that's what's wrong here, but I doubt it. This is Verizon DSL, 1.5mbps advertised, but clearly much less than that. At my house we have cox, not sure what "package", but it's 6.6mpbs download on the test, which is plenty enough for me.

Tell us more about cox 6.6 pacakge.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

What you guys know bout that middle of nowhere speed?

We've been getting something like that for almost a year from Centurylink. Few weeks ago they announced that they had a fiber plugged in the wrong switch. :lol: Looping the whole town through a single rack I suppose.

Now, we're back up to 10mbps down and 1mbps up. Lame as hell.

Nice. Maybe that's what's wrong here, but I doubt it. This is Verizon DSL, 1.5mbps advertised, but clearly much less than that. At my house we have cox, not sure what "package", but it's 6.6mpbs download on the test, which is plenty enough for me.
Tell us more about cox 6.6 pacakge.

;)

Posted

What you guys know bout that middle of nowhere speed?

E11C4455-BF21-4BA0-90B8-20A7D3B66685_zps

Thank you for experiencing this so that I don't have to lol. Do you have isdn?

Posted

What you guys know bout that middle of nowhere speed?

E11C4455-BF21-4BA0-90B8-20A7D3B66685_zps

Thank you for experiencing this so that I don't have to lol. Do you have isdn?

I don't have a clue what that is

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6470 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...