Second Skin Audio

Why is Fi so cheap?

Lakeshow94

Sundown also has a staff of 20ish people, Fi has what 4 guys including the owner, much lower overhead.

The Fi shop is tiny, they stock no product again lower overhead.

Sundown has a HUGE warehouse with not only woofers stocked, but amplifiers, wires, speakers, etc.

Despite of what people think, Fi has a lot of China product that comes to the USA for their woofers.
This goes for all woofer companies, some are open about it some play it off like they don't at all and others make claims that only 20% of their parts are China.

I run Fi subs, no problems with them really.

But I would swap to Sundown subs in a heartbeat because Sundown has always been a huge help for me, while I waited 2 years to get a damn recone from Fi/AA and got a run around on.

sp4 it is it sounds like. I've always seemed to find you get what you pay for is accurate but it seems like these other factors do make sense. Any amp recomendations? I was gonna do a sundown scv-3000.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

sp4 it is it sounds like. I've always seemed to find you get what you pay for is accurate but it seems like these other factors do make sense. Any amp recomendations? I was gonna do a sundown scv-3000.

That amp would be a good match for a SP4.

It's not cheap, it's just not AS over priced.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Smh the sundowns are more expensive because sundown had to patent there baskets, and the shit they designed. Jacob had to spend a lot of money on the development of his new surround and basket. Personally I'll always be a Fi guy but I understand why sundown is the price it is.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

patents something many dont understand..

was just this issue with a guy selling volt meters.

he offers 1 month warranty, 3d printed case, and brags about them being cheaper than the smd vm-1.

The die molds and toolings for the vm-1s, the patents that can cost $20,000+ by the time your all said and done with lawyers gets expensive quick.

If this guy would to do a patent his meters would cost more, and then you get a volt meter with a 1month warranty and a 3d printed case.

That and he wasnt including the discount for the forum members or the trade in program that makes the vm-1 over $10 cheaper than his.

Nothing against 3d printing, however its something i feel is something more for prototyping, not something you use to bring your product(s) to market.

Archived