Jump to content

WHAT SIZE alternator do i need for 5000 watt rms


Recommended Posts

Posted

My 270 did a hair under 200 amps (like 198)at idle loaded down.

In that truck I would consider an independent charging system for your system and I would go with the biggest hairpin alt you can get.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

250amp minimum will work with the current batteries you have but the cost difference for the 270 should be minimum so I would get that.

Like others say get a hairpin if your looking for increased idle amps but a conventional will work. Yes it will cost a bit more but will be worth it and the dual alt bracket for you truck would be the best way to go for conventional or hairpin

BTW: If you do decide to get the conventional 250a you'll see around 140a at idle hot vs around 180a for hairpin

Posted

Awesome guys thanks for replies.

So I should be fine switching out 140 for a 270 conventional.

Or your saying I should just add the 270 to my 140 and that will be even better? Does the different amperage create problems or is it a non issue?

.

Posted

Excessive amperage alts are killer. I got 4 350s on my truck. Two right now and just ordered two more last week.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

So 1 270 conventional and 2 d3400s is enough for 5k?

Still learning but have started gathering.

Posted

Get the biggest alt u can afford. It's easy as that

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 4889 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...