Car audio in general isn't something you can judge accurately just from a video

What can you judge accurately from a video?

To the OP, that's very far away from anything close from SQ.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

How fat your mom is

No but for real, not much. Videos are cool and fun for sure, but you miss out on a lot. And when it comes to car audio you miss out on too much imo.

Dick Size

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I done a "walk around" vid and a "bad company" vid on White Lightning a while back and they turned out ok I guess.

Can't forward them on to this thread with my shitty phone.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Loud does not equal "sound quality." I've seen SQ being judged with windows up, volume at reasonable level, SQ cd playing and the judge in the drivers seat, unless it was SQ+. And mp3 doesn't count as SQ, flac file counts though, and cd of course.

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

True sq can not be judged by a human ear at all.

True sq is the measurement if accurately reproducing a song.

An actual rta is needed to measure this. The flatter the freq response on the rta the better the musical reproduction.

Human ears are flawed and can't hear a flat freq response if it was screamed in to them.

A human has subjective sq. What they like the sound of is what they will vote for

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

An actual rta is needed to measure this. The flatter the freq response on the rta the better the musical reproduction.

Human ears are flawed and can't hear a flat freq response if it was screamed in to them.

A human has subjective sq. What they like the sound of is what they will vote for

reading this back to myself in a british accent makes it pretentious and awesome all at the same time.

Hmm.

SQ = Sound Quality. Imaging, sound stage, noise floor. Close your eyes and listen to hear if the vocals are focused and where, then the drums, piano, guitar, etc. Then listen to a different track for left and right separation. Are they correct and further apart than the doors, or right at your thigh and (worst case) reversed? Then the reflections from behind you to get a sense of space. Are you in a tiny car or a live venue? Is there an underlying hiss or tone or mechanical noise or rattle that tells you it's electric, or does is sound like actual musicians? Of course there is more like dynamics and control, but this is already getting long.

Frequency response is one thing that is measured in an SQ competition, but actual SQ is definitely judged by human ears. In person. Inside the car. Without a mic. Not on a video.

I'd give up a point or two on the RTA to receive a better score from the listening judge. As long as I was 35-37RTA (out of 40) and could still get 135+dB I was usually okay. Totally flat usually doesn't sound the best, especially after they listen to a bunch of bass-heavy systems before yours.

When I competed it was four events for a total score:

RTA

SQ

Install

SPL

No adjustments in between.

That said, I agree with your assessment of human ears being flawed, as well as what lies between them. It's the reason I stopped competing after only one season. A bunch of first places in different cities and a fourth--beaten only by customers of the host shop...some with incomplete setups...

I think it's one reason SPL stays so competitive. It's a number on a meter and able to be regulated much more closely. (I know the rule benders and issues are always present, but it's much less subjective).

Static drops are my bag.

Archived