Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

I almost bought the AP1500 but got the M-4 instead.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

And everyone of you guys are absolutely right about the lies. It is crappy that they do that. I'm glad I have you guys knowledge to actually have an idea of what I've actually got. Mine is at 2 ohm which "claims" 750 watts on 2 300 watt kickers. I feel I'm probably in the 550 - 600 range which is right where I want. But you are right as I have said many times. Not everyone is here or knows.

:rofl:
Something funny?

Still learning but have started gathering.

I almost bought the AP1500 but got the M-4 instead.

So bought same amp with different name? So does the name make it better?

I had the budget amps before. I used to say for $270 it does okay. I was happy, but then I bought a DC audio amp and the difference is nigh and day. Just the sound it produces makes a lot of difference. With cheap amps you get loud somewhat but sound like shit. I like to hear good music not shit music. once you test better amps you will see how wrong you are. I can care less what anyone runs. It's their money and maybe it's all they can afford so I won't judge foe that reason but don't try to compare amps. Quality amps cost more for a reason. The better they are the more they cost. You can get a very good amp that cost $2500 and only put bout 1500 watts but it sounds amazing. That $150 amp might get louder but sounds like crap

People of SMD i hope this post on the rockville amp goes in history titled "should have given it a second thought, can i redeem myself with my future purchase choices" lol

Love the support on this forum, glade to have a bunch of mixed ideas and opinions on equipment. It would be boring if we all bought the same thing and the fact we all have ran different models and brands its helpfull on personal experiences.

Never said that.

In my 20+ year career I've critically listened to hundreds if not thousands of amps. They sound different. Every one.

Come on by the house and take the Pepsi challenge. I'm not buying it.

I already answered I'd love to do this and discuss with you in person, but just for the sake of raising the post count in the thread:

You test and go through more amps than most, and a variety of price ranges at that. Simply for the sake of full range tonality and clean, controlled power you have (what some might consider) a couple dream amps in that picture sitting unused. Why?

If you seriously can't hear the difference between any of those amps, why do you have so many? Simply raising power for your SPL vehicle? If they indeed all sound the same why change at all?

I realize this is slightly off topic in a sub amp thread and I'm talking about full range application, but if you were going to build an *gasp* SQ vehicle, which amp(s) would you put on your front stage? And would you match it with an amp of similar quality/price range on your sub stage?

Static drops are my bag.

I'd assume for sq he'd use whatever one puts out the most clean consistent power at the ohm load he chose to run at regardless of brand.....

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would just about coincider myself deaf when it comes to amp brands..... in my ears amps do not make sound the speakers do... and I have never owned multiple amps on the same subs/speakers and listining to someones skar on an audiopipe vs a DC XL on a cressendo..... the differences I hear are box and car related and bass is bass... lol..... the only time I did any compairison on the same sub setup I hooked up a boss chx3500d, brz1200.1d and a be1700.1d on 2 12" kicker comps 2.25cuft each 32hz ported and they got louder with each amp and made the subs smelly quicker... lol

I'd assume for sq he'd use whatever one puts out the most clean consistent power at the ohm load he chose to run at regardless of brand.....

Don't care about brand either, matter of fact I use four different brands in four different cars right now.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived