Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

I feel compelled to chime in here...

Everyone knows I'm a bit of an amp snob. I believe in paying for quality and that it's almost always a better value to pay the same for a used or smaller amp of higher caliber than to get a "bigger" cheap amp.

BUT... I bought the little Rockville T2 2-channel for the $150 challenge and I have to say... it's not half bad. I've had a lot of cheap ass amps on my bench and it is by far one of the best $0.10/watt amps out there.

I can't speak for the M4 as I've never had that one, but I feel like you could do worse. As for the "ratings"... I understand why they did the triple rating thing. People need a reference. Some amps are rated accurately, some are over rated and others are flat out bullshit, made up rated "max" power- so they listed each one.

I can't say for sure, but I have a notion that Rockville has ties to Cadence. And we know that most Cadence stuff is solid. They're either using the same buildhouse or same engineers or something. There is some connection between the two brands.

Big D also tested the T2 so you can see those results on his YT channel, but here's some screenshots and guts...

8BA03E8D-AD4C-4D23-BAFB-0A6EE296732A_zps

35B4DC7A-F311-436A-B6FD-8B68A75EDE4B_zps

DAC0462F-BED6-4496-810C-6E6F784185A7_zps

792C91C5-4EA0-4786-8877-416228891226_zps

4492E344-708E-4C36-BEC7-F86096753E41_zps

but you forgot it's sold and marketed as a 3k RMS amp. Not a 1.2K. and they claim 6k Peak...it's just a fancier way of tricking people into buying an amp that does well under what is stated.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Holy fuck.

How is this still going?

Why do all you guys care so much what he spent his own money on?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Holy fuck.

How is this still going?

Why do all you guys care so much what he spent his own money on?

why do you care that we care?

just kidding, lol

All I ever said is I wouldn't support a company that lies and misleads its customers so blatantly. If that thing was marketed at a 1.2K RMS amp I would look at it much differently. But they are trying (and succeeding) to sell that amp to people thinking its a 3k RMS CEA complaint amp.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived