at first the price hits you like damn thats expensive. but then you see that they are assembled in the US and not only that, its done by hand not a robot. that makes the msrp realistic.. if i was to be building an SQ car these amps would be at the top of the list

Edited by Miguels
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

This is what happens when someone absolutely loves their trade, is very good at it, and is dedicated to making something awesome, all their heart is poured into it and the outcome is nothing short of spectacular.

I am in love with the amp but sadly I cannot afford one at this time.

I think you should market the home amp too, people go nuts for high end home audio way more so than with car audio.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

at first the price hits you like damn thats expensive. but then you see that they are assembled in the US and not only that, its done by hand not a robot. that makes the msrp realistic.. if i was to be building an SQ car these amps would be at the top of the list

Don't forget the quality parts/material costs...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

one of my favorite reads of the whole forum. thank you sir

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

dumb question Tony..

will your other amplifiers be as bad ass as the 1500.2?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Time to give props where they are due. I've learned a lot about amplifier design over the years from some of the best. Besides the books shown here I also worked with Jim Strickland and Mark Albers daily for years

26_zpsukr4rfaw.jpg

2 of those look really familiar, the dog ears and tabs make me think that I chose well. One day I want to do something simple, maybe a ESP design with a pre-fab PCB. Nothing anywhere near this level though, I would be happy with a 200 wpc with low distortion.

Love the thread and being able to see the process. Its one thing to realize theres a problem, its something else to have a good idea why it happened and how to fix it, thats a mark of a true professional. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by aculous