Second Skin Audio

New box, over double the port area, sounds the same :/

RooTxBeeR

Setting the gain at 0 dB overlap is your problem. Did you put your purse down when you turned the gain? Crank it up dude.

In all seriousness, I believe that is far too quiet of an overlap and I would suggest going to at least -5 overlap. If the electrical is there, let er rip.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I need to look at the design I was given to get the size exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was 3.75cuft tuned to 35hz or a bit higher I believe. For loudness, no idea, nor can I test. My 2 star ivx 15s on a aq750, sounds louder than this does. I would also like to throw out, the sub barely moves at all

That DD is gonna be stiff if it's new. It's gonna require some play time to loosen up.

The IVXs you had were very soft compared to the DD and didn't require nearly as much power to move their mass.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I need to look at the design I was given to get the size exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was 3.75cuft tuned to 35hz or a bit higher I believe. For loudness, no idea, nor can I test. My 2 star ivx 15s on a aq750, sounds louder than this does. I would also like to throw out, the sub barely moves at all

That DD is gonna be stiff if it's new. It's gonna require some play time to loosen up.

The IVXs you had were very soft compared to the DD and didn't require nearly as much power to move their mass.

OH yeah, those IVX's got soft within a week of play, when he got his first sub it was still stiff as shit a month later. Ok, will try the -5 and hope that makes a difference. I just don't get out, in both set ups, on -0db, they both sound the same. I would expect something louder even if it's still fresh and stiff.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Setting the gain at 0 dB overlap is your problem. Did you put your purse down when you turned the gain? Crank it up dude.

In all seriousness, I believe that is far too quiet of an overlap and I would suggest going to at least -5 overlap. If the electrical is there, let er rip.

I was gonna say this.

Tuning at 0db for subs, is just meh. Retune at -5 at least, -7.5 or -10 even. Stay off the -15.

I was gonna say this.

Tuning at 0db for subs, is just meh. Retune at -5 at least, -7.5 or -10 even. Stay off the -15.

-15 is where it's at though... ;) all of the loud, and it's a great air freshener

But definitely don't go lower than -10dB overlap, OP. It's what I use and it's good for my wide variety of music without issues.

Boxes I'm seeing online for a single 15 are anywhere from 4.5 to 4.9 cub in with 2 6inch ports maybe box is to small those subs are bad ass and can handle anything u throw at them I didn't see what amp is it the m4 that should be perfect.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Boxes I'm seeing online for a single 15 are anywhere from 4.5 to 4.9 cub in with 2 6inch ports maybe box is to small those subs are bad ass and can handle anything u throw at them I didn't see what amp is it the m4 that should be perfect.

I had people with extensive experience with that specific sub all tell me, do not go more than 4cuft for that subwoofer. I will see if I have time to try -5 or -7.5 today.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I knew about that for a long time. A 15 can fit in 3.0cuft to 5.0cuft according to that link, so I am in what they say. As well, that is just, a guideline. That does not state, this is a must for every environment and situation.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm