Wire requirement for 6000wrms

How many alternators are you running? I say a run per alternator. If you're only running one, I still would say do two runs of 1/0 OFC.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

4 runs of 50/50 1/0 front to back

1 d3400 front and 6 xp3000's rear

2 Mechman 6 phase 1 370 and 1 250

11 grounds

Oh sh*t wait, that's my setup for a 6k sub amp with about 2k for mids and highs :( My bad

Your runs are going to depend on what's under the hood, not your amp. If you have a HO alt (let's say a 370), then do two runs of at least 1/0awg assuming they are around 15 ft. The current that travels through that wire is only going to be as much as what's coming from your electrical support (i.e. Alt). Additional runs are there to decrease resistance being pulled from your alt and batts.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

An amp will still try and pull the current even if the car is off and the alt is out of the equaiton, it doesn't magically know how much current your alt can supply and only pull that much.

What you need to do is calculate your max potential current draw and wire accordingly.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 8 months later...

Archived