Second power run

If you have to ask, then you probably should :)

I usually have to ask my girl for butt sex. Next time I'm just gonna shove it in there and tell her Smoove said " if I have to ask, then I probably should" LMAO!!!!

Too F**king funny.

If you have to ask, then you probably should :)

I usually have to ask my girl for butt sex. Next time I'm just gonna shove it in there and tell her Smoove said " if I have to ask, then I probably should" LMAO!!!!

You can also provide me as a reference for said buttsex.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

People think you need 50 million runs and it's most of the time not necessary. Wire for what you supply

Even if your 1 run of wire is capable of handling the amperage needed, that doesn't account for the resistance in the wire.

Wire will increasingly have voltage drop as it gets closer to its max load limit compared to when its not under load.

With each additional run of wire you are lowering that resistance which in return lowers the voltage drop from the front of the wire to the end of the wire when under load.

Here is a post I made in another topic with a person asking the same question.

Wire has resistance in it.

By adding a 2nd run of 1/0 wire of EQUAL length, it should help minimize the resistance in the wire from front to back, in the end resulting in a lesser voltage drop theoretically.

The main thing would be having both runs equal lengths.

So lets say your vehicle is charging at 13.6volts hot, and your power wire is 18 feet long, and your dropping to 12.7volts

That means your losing about 6% or .9volts from front to back.

If you add a second 18 foot long power wire you will drop to 13.2volts which means you would only be losing about 3% or .4volts from front to back.

If you add a third 18 foot long power wire you will drop to 13.3volts which means you would only be losing about 2% or .3volts from front to back.

If you add a fourth 18 foot long power wire you will drop to 13.4volts which means you would only be losing about 1.5% or .2volts from front to back.

At one point or another you will start to reach diminishing returns each time you add another run of wire.

This is only somewhat accurate however due to me not knowing your current length of wire from front to back, your hot charge voltage, and the amount of current being transferred through said wire at its max load (you would need to clamp it to know that).

For the above math I used a 18foot run of wire because that is about an average length used in a vehicle.

I estimated 300amps of current being drawn through your power wire at max.

I ruff estimated your alternators hot charge voltage of being around 13.6volts.

These unknown variables can be a big factor in the outcome.

However you should be able to know for yourself by what I posted if adding a 2nd run from front to back is worth it to you, and a ruff estimate of what you "may" gain for your money spent.

People think you need 50 million runs and it's most of the time not necessary. Wire for what you supply

Even if your 1 run of wire is capable of handling the amperage needed, that doesn't account for the resistance in the wire.

Wire will increasingly have voltage drop as it gets closer to its max load limit compared to when its not under load.

With each additional run of wire you are lowering that resistance which in return lowers the voltage drop from the front of the wire to the end of the wire when under load.

Here is a post I made in another topic with a person asking the same question.

Wire has resistance in it.

By adding a 2nd run of 1/0 wire of EQUAL length, it should help minimize the resistance in the wire from front to back, in the end resulting in a lesser voltage drop theoretically.

The main thing would be having both runs equal lengths.

So lets say your vehicle is charging at 13.6volts hot, and your power wire is 18 feet long, and your dropping to 12.7volts

That means your losing about 6% or .9volts from front to back.

If you add a second 18 foot long power wire you will drop to 13.2volts which means you would only be losing about 3% or .4volts from front to back.

If you add a third 18 foot long power wire you will drop to 13.3volts which means you would only be losing about 2% or .3volts from front to back.

If you add a fourth 18 foot long power wire you will drop to 13.4volts which means you would only be losing about 1.5% or .2volts from front to back.

At one point or another you will start to reach diminishing returns each time you add another run of wire.

This is only somewhat accurate however due to me not knowing your current length of wire from front to back, your hot charge voltage, and the amount of current being transferred through said wire at its max load (you would need to clamp it to know that).

For the above math I used a 18foot run of wire because that is about an average length used in a vehicle.

I estimated 300amps of current being drawn through your power wire at max.

I ruff estimated your alternators hot charge voltage of being around 13.6volts.

These unknown variables can be a big factor in the outcome.

However you should be able to know for yourself by what I posted if adding a 2nd run from front to back is worth it to you, and a ruff estimate of what you "may" gain for your money spent.

x2 there is a difference between what "works" and what is efficient.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived