•    

Hey all on this forum. I have a debate whether I want to use 2 old school Rockford Fosgate 1001BD power amps to push 2 MTX Audio 9515-44s or instead go for an American Bass PH-4000 MD to push them @ 1ohm. Power consumption isn't really a concern but I want to know if it's worth getting 2 RF amps or just having one amp to push them both.

Thanks "Miguels" for your input but this will not do any good in helping me what I am looking for

It's not that hard to "READ THE RULES" to figure out why he said what he said....

Thanks "Miguels" for your input but this will not do any good in helping me what I am looking for

It's not that hard to "READ THE RULES" to figure out why he said what he said....

Thanks but this won't help either honestly. If you don't anything constructive to say then please move along

Read the rules, there's no vs threads allowed on this forum.

And this is in the wrong section too

The only American bass line I would buy is the VFL line. It's there best line and spl line

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joshdashef
      Most updated pics can be found at https://www.tumblr.com/blog/joshdashef | I use Tumblr as my picture hosting platform | 
      Previously I had a RF Prime 750.1 going to two RF 12 4DVC on stock electrical and big three.

New Build Equipment
      Active Setup from HU: Pioneer 80 PRS

Front Stage
      T2652-S powered off a P600X4 (4 ohm | speaker per channel)
      Lows
      2x P3 4DVC powered off a DC Audio 2k (1 ohm | Dual 1/0 inputs)
      Batteries
      Starter - Walmart Group 51R | Reserve - XS D3400 (Flat 6 bolt) 
      Alternator
      Mechman 240 Blue 
      Wiring
      RCAs - Rockford Fosgate 20ft | Sky High 1/0 Blue (2 runs) | Sky High 10 gauge (subs) | Front Stage Speaker Wire - undecided matching Sky High 14 gauge
      Fuse Holders / Gauges
      Blue Seas Analog Volt Meter | Stinger Volt meter (red) | Sky High dual anl fuse holder (two for main power and one for sub amp input) | SMD Fuse Blocks 3x dual 1x single

Planned Upgrade List
      3 pairs of RCAs  Done
      New Wider False Floor Not needed
      New Sub Enclosure 2x12 or 1x15 DONE 2x12
      Amp Rack for Dc 2k and four channel Done
      Distribution Block/Fuses (trunk) Done
      Dual Fuse Mount under hood  Done Replaced with SMD dual fuse holders - Thanks audiofanaticz
      Running two runs of 1/0 Sky High OFC front to back Done
      Battery Mount for XS D3400 Done
      Mechman HO Alternator Done
      New Headliner
      New Rear Parcel Tray or Reinforce old?
      Fix Gas Lid Wire  Done
      Stinger Volt Meter for front and rear batteries Done
      Treat doors for new mid woofers Outer skin treated, need to cover holes with thick metal sheet and rivets
      Run speaker wire for mids and highs Done
      Install train horn in rear bumper 
      Setup LEDs above amp rack Done
      Install distribution block and run +/- 4 or 8 gauge for it. 4 gauge +/- Done
      Run speaker wire for subs Done temporarily (will be upgrading to posts like these or something similar so I can parallel at them instead of the sub) 

Sound Deaden areas;
      Doors (outer skin middle 1/3 done and focus directly behind speaker)
      Roof
      Wheel Wells 
      Hood
      Trunk lid (lower 1/2 done)
      Trunk spare tire (1/4 done)
      Parcel Tray

Head Unit: Pioneer 80 PRS

Amp:

Subs / Old Q-power Box:

Under Hood:

Day 1: Strippin 'er down
      Trunk

Cabin | Rear/Front Seats Removed and some panels including center console (didn't get a pic of rear seats will do tomorrow)

• By BigDWiz
      Here we have John Enzweilier"s 1993 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab pickup with the 90's Rockford Fosgate equipment. John's truck has the following gear:
      Pioneer DEX-P8000R Head Unit
      (5) Rockford Fosgate Punch 200x2 Amplifiers
      (1) Rockford Fosgate Punch 400x4 Amplifier
      (8) Rockford Fosgate Punch DVC Special Edition 12" subs
      ESB Audio 8000 6.5" component speakers
      3.5" JL Audio Coaxials
      6.5" JL Audio Coaxials
      Stinger OFC Wiring / Distribution
      Note: this is not an SPL setup, just a fun old school install. Don't get too caught up on the numbers...
      See OSS Meets Playlist: https://is.gd/ossmeets
      Watch video on YouTube in 4K UHD or embedded below:

• By dylan33
      My system plays great when the cutting out doesn't happen. I have A Kenwood Excelon X501 Headunit (5v SW pre-out) 2 P3 D4 12s with a Rockford Fosgate Prime R-1200D ran at one ohm. However, this problem occured at both one and 4 ohm. My problem only happens once in a blue moon its very quick and it never happens on hard bass.
      It usually happens right after a long hard hitting note, then it will cut out on that weird frequency only then go right back to banging, No matter what song or source I use if the song plays that frequency it will cut out. IT happens with Choices (Yup) by E-40 that is one of the many songs with the weird note in it. Problem doesn't occur at lower volume only at 22-28 which is what I usually listen to it at since that gives out the most clean bass. 
      Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. I am an installer at a local shop and have been for a year now this has only been a problem wince I switched to the rockford system. I tied another rockford amp did the same thing with the parameters set the same. People at my shop are leading towards voltage regulator but the amp is the only thing having the issue. I checked all my wiring multiple times seems as good as it can get. I did make my own box and it was only the second one I made, and the first one all by myself. My last thought for what it could be Is I built my box poorly and its causing me to need to overpower the subs in order for them to sound like they should in a PROPER box. But if that is the case and I am causing it to clip why would it only cut out on that one frequency? When it cuts out it jumps down to 12 volts for a split second with hard bass. When it cuts out it jumps up to 15 volts for a split second then goes back to normal. I multi-metered at the amp both the power lead and remote lead both spike at 15 volts when cutting out. When it cuts out all that happens is the Blue Power Led turns RED. I have pictures of my build in my garage. 
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 162 Guests (See full list)

•