Hey all on this forum. I have a debate whether I want to use 2 old school Rockford Fosgate 1001BD power amps to push 2 MTX Audio 9515-44s or instead go for an American Bass PH-4000 MD to push them @ 1ohm. Power consumption isn't really a concern but I want to know if it's worth getting 2 RF amps or just having one amp to push them both.

Thanks "Miguels" for your input but this will not do any good in helping me what I am looking for

It's not that hard to "READ THE RULES" to figure out why he said what he said....

Thanks "Miguels" for your input but this will not do any good in helping me what I am looking for

It's not that hard to "READ THE RULES" to figure out why he said what he said....

Thanks but this won't help either honestly. If you don't anything constructive to say then please move along

Read the rules, there's no vs threads allowed on this forum.

And this is in the wrong section too

The only American bass line I would buy is the VFL line. It's there best line and spl line

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bl800dy
      I’m buying 4 2ohm subs yet I’m putting them in two separate boxes I’m going to wire it down to 1 ohm but the problem is how would I do it since there’s two separate boxes?
    • By medwards420
      Can someone be nice enough to help me with a ported box plan for one American bass xd12 on 500 watts. It will be my first box build so something simple to follow. I found one for a sundown audio e12v3 I think it is...I know it' is not the exact sub but it' s a ballpark figure to go off of...any help is greatly appreciated.  It's going in to a 14 hyundai sonata so the trunk is rather big so no space problems
    • By meade916
      My good friend Aaron, aka Psyph Morrison, has never had a real system in any of his cars before.  If you don't know who Psyph is (pronounced Sife), look him up on itunes, spotify or any other music app out there.  Youtube as well.  I have known him over 10 years and even worked with him on his last 3 albums as an executive producer.  Ok, now that is out of the way, the reason he is getting a system is because well, the entire time i have known him and worked with him making music, especially music with a lot of bass, he has never had a system of his own. I don't know anyone who has had more car issues than him so we really never made it to the discussion of a system. Not too long ago he picked up a 2002 Honda Accord 4 door.  I knew right then he has a reliable vehicle finally.  So i offered to slap some beat in it for him.  Watching him pull up, slapping his own music in a (not so great) stock sound system was really bothering me.  How can my boy ride around like that if he know's ME? 

Long story cut short...his car is at my shop for a few weeks while i figure out what i am going to do. I have NO "plans".  I just want to get him some good equipment, set it up proper and make him happy!

****NOTE, anything you see here is subject to change as i am totally freestyling this.  Trying to just make it work.

First i stopped by Arden Audio in Sacramento Ca.  They always have what i need in stock over there and if they don't i can get it same or next day.  I decided to pick Psyph up a new head unit first and foremost.  I also got the dash kit and wiring harness to go with it.  Grabbed some SkyHigh 16ga OFC speaker wire to run to the doors. 

The system will consist of (so far)
      Pioneer DEH X7800 BHS Head Unit
      Rockford Fosgate Punch 1000.1 (BASS)
      Rockford Fosgate Punch 300.2 (Highs)
      (2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" subs (ported enclosure)
      (1) Set Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" separates 
      SMD Fuse / Grounding Blocks
      Mechman 1/0 OFC Power Wire
      Skyhigh 12 and 16ga Speaker Wire

I already had a P300.2 but i got him a matching 1000.1 to go with it.

These P3 12" subs are not brand new but might as well be. They are in brand new condition! They are my old ones.  This box was already finished and just hanging around the shop.  I KNOW it sounds good so it should do great in his trunk!  The trunk floor is at an angle so i have to make a platform and flatten it out some so the box sits level. 

• By Rich Schenk
      Hello my name is rich and i am currently building a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer my daily driver into a 10k daily driver. I have been doing car stereo since i was 15 and this is going to be the second most advanced system that i have ever put together. So need as much help and criticism as possible. Want to learn as much as i can and have a nice build.
      If you haven't read my other build log i started building a 97 hyundai Tiburon and after having my system up and going for a little over a month the trans blew. was loud as hell needed work but oh well. so had to find another daily driver and wasn't going to give up system so decided to go truck route (5 kids 4 girls, 1 boy)

My goals for this car are
      upper 140s-150 dbs (if possible and musical) (not metered yet) to learn as much as possible (fiberglassing, body work, vinyl work) decent sq (don't want subs to over power everything) start with equipment that i have and slowly but eventually build to bigger and better equipment Build it better then my 03 mitsubishi lancer oz rally (that i miss like a child) alpine iva-d310, pxa-h701, 420i, audiocontol matrix plus, ps2 slim in glovebox, cf Vr804, 2 Vr1000d, excessive amperage 200 amp alt, 2 kinetic power 2400, 1 run tsunami 0, big 3 0 Tsunami, 2 sets of cf x6s one front one rear, 2 mtx 9500 12in d4s, tons of dynamat extreme, varad 1000 color leds in front foot wells, yellow leds in pocket under radio, yellow florescent lights in door pockets walker front bumper canary yellow Loud and Clean daily driver (final goal) (demos, car shows, and competitions) Here is the list of the equipment that i currently have
      HU: pioneer deh 80prs (network mode on  active) RCAs: Streetwires, Connection Singer 340 six phase hairpin amp alternator XS Power D3400 under hood with Custom 1/2 Aluminum Bus Bars (made by me) 1/0 Gauge 3 runs SHCA OFC Big 4 double 1/0 OFC SHCA OFC Distrobution Blocks S.M.D., and directed audio 2 Stinger SVMR Voltmeter (Red) (one for front batt and one for rear Battery bank)
      Skar sk85.4 85x4 @ 4 ohms on 2 sb acoustics neo dome tweeters MMATS Sq4100 100x4 @ 4ohms on 4 silver flute 8s (4ohm) Subs: 6 12in AB xfl d2s soon to be 6 fully built ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4 Sub Amp: 2 DC 5ks with TM dual Inputs and TM quad speaker imputs 4 XS Power D3100s with custom 1/2 aluminum buss bars in rear (made by me) Here is a list of equipment that i want or need may change
      Cooling for amps in rear More interior speakers??? (maybe birch roof) Jy or limitless lithium 80ah Another singer 340 alt get better HU and eq/processor( and maybe a Tablet?)
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 839 Guests (See full list)