Big difference or minimal difference?

I would diconnect all wires when measuring resistance in the wire

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I'm surprised you can measure the resistance of 1/0 cable. You must have some dope ass testing tools.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I would diconnect all wires when measuring resistance in the wire

Copy that, will give that a shot.

I'm surprised you can measure the resistance of 1/0 cable. You must have some dope ass testing tools.

It really is like that? I have an old school Fluke meter my dad let me have, he said it was an expensive one he got for free lol.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Make sure u touch your leads together and read the number u get , need to subtract that from your resistance reading , that's just the so u can be as close to perfect with your reading. All DMM' s are not 100% accurate but very close.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

If u wanna see what your losing on the ground side hook the ground cable to ground on battery take one lead from the meter at the end of the wire and other end on chassis ground that resistance reading is what u are loosing but all that is minamal nothing is gonna be perfect , it will just allow u to pick the best spots for grounds .

My bet is that it's reading .01, and your leads are .01 lol.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Hmm, found this to be very weird. Cannot get a reading off any positive wire, when connected. If just the positive is disconnected, and if all are disconnected. No reading in any of those. Another weird thing, with all the positive connections removed. I read .5 of resistance at the amp ground, connect all the power wires, then it reads 2.5 ohms resistance. Da fuck? Would that mean then my problem lies within my power wire as my issue? I have bad voltage drop to the rear, while my alt charges at 14 all day long. I see 11-12 at the amp.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I always run my own cable, to much work to grind some shit out nice and smooth and bare then cover it up with grease to resist water. I am already running a positive wire to the back so running a 2nd isn't that hard. Thanks for that though, that answers my original question so good lol

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I'm glad you posted that mr skippy cause I was just looking for it.

KyLar - Continuity measurements really don't tell you much because you're not drawing current when you take them. Measuring the voltage drop under load is the only way to get good data.

Archived