Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, bigmizzle99 said:

@bmwking  good catch...I said VFL but meant XFL.  

 

@CstrokerV  what’s the manufacturing and info on AB?  Built here or in China?  Or somewhere else?

copy that, the XFLs is what I have experience with so that works out.  btw are you just dropping into the current enclosure or have you decided to go ported?

Posted
4 minutes ago, bmwking said:

copy that, the XFLs is what I have experience with so that works out.  btw are you just dropping into the current enclosure or have you decided to go ported?

Building a new ported box now.  The box in the car is sealed, it’s such a small trunk opening that I built it in 2 pieces and bolted it together in the trunk.  I couldn’t figure out a good  way to port it then, but by moving to 10s it gives more room for port 

Posted
Just now, bigmizzle99 said:

Building a new ported box now.  The box in the car is sealed, it’s such a small trunk opening that I built it in 2 pieces and bolted it together in the trunk.  I couldn’t figure out a good  way to port it then, but by moving to 10s it gives more room for port 

excellent, the XFLs LOVE a ported box

Posted
1 hour ago, bigmizzle99 said:

@bmwking  good catch...I said VFL but meant XFL.  

 

@CstrokerV  what’s the manufacturing and info on AB?  Built here or in China?  Or somewhere else?

not sure about about that...  not sure how many watts you are running cant remember but the fi alpha 10s are 160 if you wanted to try FI they are 750 watts

Posted
16 hours ago, bmwking said:

and you may want to upgrade your sub amp, the XFLs take 1k rms each, reliably.  I have mine on 1800rms+ and they're begging for more

yes, already being considered as well.  I'm looking at minimum 2000w @ 1 ohm (for both subs) amps, and some higher.  have to address electrical as well to support.  I have an RF R-1200 right now, the intent is to double the power.

Posted
14 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

not sure about about that...  not sure how many watts you are running cant remember but the fi alpha 10s are 160 if you wanted to try FI they are 750 watts

I'm running an RF R-1200 right now for 2 DC Audio Lvl 2 12s.  I was planning to get 2 Fi SSD 10s..they are rated at 1250 each.  The intent was to upgrade amp and electrical as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 899 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...