Go rent a few a try them out, only real way to tell what you like is to try them

X2,

You've got to shoot it to know if it will be what you want or not.

Are you going to get a cpl as well?

All new to me. What's cpl? I'll have to look at some of the local stores. We only have 1 maybe 2 ranges around here. Alot of outdoor but no store near them. I fully wanted to pump 50+ thru each that id like to try to get a feel for them. My main thoughts were Glock, USP, or 1911 style, just need help on brands. From what I'm hearing so far Glock may be out as far as size. From the few I have handled I do seem to be a fan of the polymer type guns. Feel seems good but I'd have to look at more to know.

Concealed pistol license.

I wouldn't rule out glocks, people tryout one and assume they are all the same,

The grip size is very different between the full size, compact, and subcompact models.

l5VAqJt.jpg

Like everyone said though, go try out whatever you can before you make a decision,

At least get hands on it and make sure it fits you comfortably even if you can't fire it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What should I be looking for in a used gun just so I know?

Personally I wouldn't look at used guns at a store,

They run almost the price of new ones,

Well at least around here they do.

If you have a gander mountain near you keep an eye on their sale ad's, they have some pretty awesome deals from time to time,

I bought my glock 19 from them and it was on sale $100 cheaper than any place else.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Its hard to buy a used gun when you are not familiar with it. You take a chance on something being wrong with it. If you buy it from the shop at the range, maybe they will let you shoot it before you buy it. I would run at least 100 rounds through it to make sure it runs right shoots straight and doesn't jam. Your best bet would be something new with a warranty. Imho.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Ok. So I'd aim for new then it sounds like. Now can u guys point me at something in my price range new? I have dicks, Scheels, gander mtn for the main sport places. None with a range but can go check out for feel then go to the range to try it out.

Carry I'm not sure yet. I'd like to to atleast have in vehicle. Maybe not carry on hip as I'll be into an office type job hopefully. Always possible though. But being in Illinois is gonna be the worst part of any of this.

As for home/personal defense what's a good round and what are some rounds to stay away from? And give reasons please for anything u give if you can. Brands or rounds that is.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Hornady Tap Fpd and Corbon Dpx are my go to ammo of choice for Personal Defense... Also Buffalo Bore Tac xp...

Just keep in mind self defense ammo is going to be pricy but in the same token how much is your life worth?

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

How about size I should've said. 45, 9mm. Etc.

On another note. Has anyone here plYed with Rock River Arms 1911?

They are local to me and if I can find one to try out I'd love to. It's a break-off from armalite which is also local. We've got quite a few large companies right here. So if you guys can give me some input on either of those that would be great.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

You're best bet is to finger bang as many as possible. I typically recommend a duty pistol. Springfield xd. Smith and Wesson m&p. Glock. Cz makes a duty pistol as well. I've got a half dozen or so glocks that I run. A 34 19 27 22 20 and in the market for another one.

In your price range those are going to be your best and most likely bet. I don't really ever buy used because used guns aren't much less than new most times.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

How about size I should've said. 45, 9mm. Etc.

On another note. Has anyone here plYed with Rock River Arms 1911?

They are local to me and if I can find one to try out I'd love to. It's a break-off from armalite which is also local. We've got quite a few large companies right here. So if you guys can give me some input on either of those that would be great.

Ammo wise if you want to shoot a lot then 9mm will probably be your best bet for the most affordable ammunition

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Between the few of you I always see in this section the Springfield xd, s&w m&p, Glock, cz I see alot, main ones I should look at? What are some i should stay away from? No name brands? Just trying to come up with a small stack to look at. There's a few local brands I wanna look at if they have them. Have any heard of Les bear arms, or rock river arms? Any experience with them?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment: