Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

What size speaker wires have you been using on the bigger installs? As far as the front stage and then onto the subs. I'm on the lower power side of the forum but I'm planning to run 10guage all around as over kill is better than under kill.........

Steven "SgtSKiP"

Galveston Island, Tx.

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Posted

8 gauge for the sub stage, 12 gauge to run the mids and highs....super overkill..for me, at least!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Posted

I know that I will be upgrading before too long so I want to lay a good foundation to start with....... Plus I bought a LOT of 10 Guage..... Im overseas again so all the stuff that Im buying will be waiting for me. Over Build..... X3

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Posted

I know that I will be upgrading before too long so I want to lay a good foundation to start with....... Plus I bought a LOT of 10 Guage..... Im overseas again so all the stuff that Im buying will be waiting for me. Over Build..... X3

When in doubt, just lay down the largest wire that your speakers will take.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2177 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...