Sundown Audio

Which Amp is The Cleanest

Emilio Tizzone

I am not doubting at all what tony says about his amps, I am saying people shouldnt make recomendations about what sounds the cleanest with out actually hearing the products. I have heard plenty of high end home amps in my time and some sound better than others. I wouldnt say get the Mcintosh over the bell canto with out actually hearing both amplifiers, thats all I am saying.

I get exactly what you're saying.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ive heard one, and i have seen one on a scope and a THD anylizer. No need to hear it in person because you listen to speakers in person not amps.

Wow ?? that amp is pricey!! Must be very fine.

Abit broke for 7k to drop,

So I pm'd crescendo about the C1100.4 they gave me a quote on $619.00 shipped- is that a good deal ?

haven't done DC yet on there DC 175.4, but prob guessing it's gonna be way above that.

Heard of it many times, What is running active ?

Also can I wire the hertz HSK-165XL to 2ohms and is it safe ?

I think any good brand of amp would be fine for you unless you are going for sq champion then might want to think else where, it all depend what you are feeding your amp with , volts,rca cables,etc,etc then it's only going to sound clean if your speakers are installed the way they should be.Are you going toss them in the doors? You going seal doors or maybe put mid in a sealed enclosure maybe ported who knows.chossing nice gear is a good starting point, need to learn also Installation,crossover points etc etc to make your equipment shine

Wow that amp is pricey!! Must be very fine.

Abit broke for 7k to drop,

So I pm'd crescendo about the C1100.4 they gave me a quote on $619.00 shipped- is that a good deal ?

haven't done DC yet on there DC 175.4, but prob guessing it's gonna be way above that.

Heard of it many times, What is running active ?

Also can I wire the hertz HSK-165XL to 2ohms and is it safe ?

HOW MUCH!!!! That amp is $459 here http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/crescendo-audio-c1100-4-300-watts-x-4-channel-concerto-series-amplifier.html

Ive heard one, and i have seen one on a scope and a THD anylizer. No need to hear it in person because you listen to speakers in person not amps.

Everything must be heard in person. If you saw a video of the amp you didn't hear it, you heard your computer or phones amp and speakers play their rendition of the amp in the video.

Archived