Question on wire for batt banks

So I was thinking about how I would wire up my batts in my car. I could place 4 batts easily in the back of my car, 2 in the extra spare spot, and 1 on either side of the box. Now would I be best to run my power and ground straight to one batt, then from there to another and then to another. Or would I be better off with a pos and negative going to a distro block that each battery connects to. Also, if the one connecting them all in a line would I be better, would connecting the single batts first then the last 2, or the bank of 2 first then the singles and from there to the amps distr block be a better option? Is the power just power, or does setting it up in a specific order have anything to do with how it performs.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Just daisy chain them from battery to battery.

Typically I will hook positive wire up to the first battery and daisy chain it from the first to the last. Then I would hook the negative to the last battery and daisy chain it from the last to the first.

But it really doesnt matter much.

No need to run distribution blocks to go battery to battery.

Just daisy chain them from battery to battery.

Typically I will hook positive wire up to the first battery and daisy chain it from the first to the last. Then I would hook the negative to the last battery and daisy chain it from the last to the first.

But it really doesnt matter much.

No need to run distribution blocks to go battery to battery.

Well I was refering to the distro block as, I already have them installed, and running wire between batt to batt, would more than likely be the same length if I just ran from batt to ditro. I am just curious if there is any way to wire them up in a parallel way that will make them run better, or as long as it is parallel, no matter how it is made parallel, will it be the same?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

More connections = more resistance. Wire them directly together and skip the distro block. Is there a reason you included it in the first place?

I woulnd't be adding anymore connection when comparing both connection ways. There would be the same amount of wire if I connected all in a line, or from each bcak to a distro. I have a distro block because at the moment there is no battery in the back. So that is the only way to wire up multiple amps. As well, in the future I might be having anywhere from 4 to 6 amps, so it will probably be easier to go from a distro than a battery.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

the distribution block could potentially have more resistance than direct connection battery to battery. i'd rather just battery to battery personally.

With the relatively short cable runs in a car it doesn't matter much as parallel is parallel. Just remember to fuse each positive run between batteries at both ends in case one gets pinched in an accident.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I feel like I am bad at explaining things sometimes. Hopefully these pics will help. The main thing here is, 2 batts will sit right next to each other in the spare wheel well and pretty much have less than 1 ft of cable length. Where as I will have a batt on either side of the box totaling 2, that's where most of the length of wire will be between batts. The amps will be mounted on the box, pretty much directly over the batteries, just a few feet away.

This is the distro one I was thinking of.

20160731_121432_zps8xlxvzir.jpg

Then I was looking at these 2 set ups. If the one above is not a good idea, would there be any difference between going to single batts first then ending at the 2 together then to amps, or should the 2 batts together be the start, and end at a single batt.

20160731_121307_zpsow9i749m.jpg

20160731_121201_zps68v9jpz0.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm