Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?

06RTCharger

You are seriously limiting yourself with not buying a comp set with a crossover, there are many people that buy sets and do not use the passive crossovers as they went active with the system.

Do yourself a huge favor and go out and listen to the plethora of brands out there and see what suits your needs, but the biggest difference you'll see is in the install, and to be quite honest an install can make a low cost set of speakers sound great and when swapping to a top tier set will be simply amazing.

Install and tuning go a long way to how well something sounds in a car.

EDIT: Hybrid Audio is the brand from the most well known name in car audio!

yah im leaning toward hybrid, have u ran them personally? If so can u tell me a lil bout ur setup? Which speakers, amps? If i got those id want a high quality amp for clean, true signals, recommend any amps or amp brands?

what HAT singles have you been looking at?? link me......

u want man mid bass and mid range?

u have to run active and get real speakers + external line level crossover. full range 10s or 12s should do it on 4k (sound stream, prv , taramp, full range mono blocks

speakers like prv, beyma, massive, dj speakers, some o2 stuff. everything else is average

i got 4 10 inch mr1000 prv on 3k taramp people turn around 2 blocks away

just because it turns heads doesn't mean it sounds good

might just be the high frequencies giving them a migraine.

i'm pretty sure reading that gave me a migraine...go active and use passive crossovers? Am I reading that right?

I love the fact everything he suggested, in his MAN voice, isnt even a mid bass driver. Pa for mid bass? ok, i guess what i think is mid bass is some others PA pipe dream. And what "loud" is to some, is a fucking head ache, ear bleed to me. :unknw:

Mid range, and mid bass, isnt even the same league, its not even the same fucking sport. (in my Jules voice from pulp fiction)

some of those speakers are flat down to 150 hz to 2k how munch lower u want them to go. in ny we do street battles line car and trucks up head to head. 1st round is just vocals and some of these truck are producing sound pressure from 10 feet away with just mids. not sure how it is down south but we dont fuck around with mids highs sq

Ran my doors at cut at 63hz with a 18db slope. And this was with 4 8" selenium PA junk per door....ran in my spl rig.

And nice on the pressure thing. I 129.99 bass race, and took 3rd with just my doors in two comps...... at 71hz.....

150hz ? jesus.... why have a 10" driver to clear 170hz ? You could run 6.5's that dig down lower.

Dont make sense to me, but to each their own. I feel ya. And know where your coming from.

I don't think it really matters. You have a good point but even if you rule out component sets, he still has countless options to get exactly what he wants

This is probably true. There is always that chance though! lol

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It's like not buying an amplifier because it inlcudes a gain knob and you plan on running a PAC LC1. Why did you buy your car when it came with speakers that you were just going to replace?

A gain is not gonna steal any power lol or steal anything. And ive not seen many amps that come without a gain, have u? I couldnt buy a new car without speakers, it comes with it. And stock is FREE it would not be any cheaper to have no speakers, infact theyd probably charger you to remove the factory speakers. Bad example buddy. Plain and simple FK COMP SETS. Done. Lol im goin active, drop the comp suggestion, thats not what im lookin for at all. Thanks tho.

Gain knob buddy, aka bass knob, not the potentiometer soldered to the amp board. And you're paying for those speakers, they definitely aren't free from the car manufacturer. But you got it all figured out don't ya kiddo.

Youre just using bad examples lol. An extra "gain knob to an amp" is not in equal proportion to an "active crossover to a comp set". Neither is stock speakers in a car. The car is not marked up becuase of stock speakers. It would seem they are free becuase they would not drop the vehicles purchase price if u asked them to remove the stock speakers of a brand new vehicle. If they would remove them for free AND minus the value of the speakers from the vehicle i WOULD do that if i had money to buy a new car and a new system all at once. I definatly wouldnt deive around without some kind of system tho lol. Just bad examples man, i dont want to pay for a passive crossover, thats all to it. If that bothers you, idk, sorry i guess lol.

I didn't look much in this thread, but if you are only wanting to buy drivers here:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/

Just be forewarned, speakers not designed to be played in an almost free air enviroment won't work well. That's one of the big design factors in making car audio speakers.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I didn't look much in this thread, but if you are only wanting to buy drivers here:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/

Just be forewarned, speakers not designed to be played in an almost free air enviroment won't work well. That's one of the big design factors in making car audio speakers.

Yah tryna make sure speakers in the doors have a "qts" at around 0.7 or close as possible to it. Also my doors will be deadened and sealed up pretty well. Thanks for the link, ill see what they got goin on.

Archived