HO Alt, anything else?

I have a 90 amp alternator...I plan on running 2 SA 12s, ported and walled into the trunk, (probably on a CAB 1600.1) and a set of JBL 660c mids and highs. Iraggi is the only company that makes a ho alt for my 2006 Mazda 3. It is $539 + shipping for a 200a alt. do I NEED that much/ can I get away with a lower power alt, a xs batt on stock 90a alt, or any combinations? I mean, if I NEED that much alt, I guess I'll start saving, but that is quite expensive imo lol.

Looking for some guidance. thanks! :)

Start saving. When you kill the 90 you will be ready.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Run the stock alt over the Iraggi anything..... <_<

I feel a bit of pent up frustration is looming above you lmao

haha!!!

Yeah, I have not heard the best things from them. I just contacted Singer, waiting for that response. Would anyone recommend I get a battery in addition to a ho alt, or what? I was thinking about getting a xs d1200 and running my stock alt till it takes a dump and the getting a ho alt. Thoughts?

Run the stock alt over the Iraggi anything..... <_<

I feel a bit of pent up frustration is looming above you lmao
haha!!!

Yeah, I have not heard the best things from them. I just contacted Singer, waiting for that response. Would anyone recommend I get a battery in addition to a ho alt, or what? I was thinking about getting a xs d1200 and running my stock alt till it takes a dump and the getting a ho alt. Thoughts?

Im a noob, but i think it would be better to upgrade the alt before the battery. Unless ur battery is already about to die. If u were to upgrade the battery and leave in the stock alt, u would kill that new battery real quick. And another important thing, probably more important than a new alt/battery, "BIG 3 UPGRADE" or even a big4 upgrade (i think the 4th is grounding the backplate of the alt to the chassis). So first thing u spend money on is the Big3-4 wiring upgrade. Then switch out for a stronger alt (make sure to get one with good idle output also, not just good during high rpm's). Then lastly upgrade ur battery, but only if you notice any electrical output weaknesses like diming lights, because doing the big3-4 plus HO alt might be strong enough to handle ur systems current draw. Hope that helps you out a lil. Just got my mechman 240, took 1.5 months to get it here shipped. So ill be in the same boat as you. Upgrading wiring and alt. Goodluck man

http://singeralternators.com

Start saving for when that 90amp goes out.

Keep your stock alt, and watch your voltage.

You need to do the big 3.

XS batteries : good choice. :good:

Try to fit the biggest you can under the hood. Usually people try to run the 3400 upfront, and a Group 31 in the rear (XP 3000 or D3100).

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Do what notorious said but do big 4, alt ground to battery. alt possitve to battery. engine ground to battery. Battery negative to frame ground. If no frame go to shock tower make sure all all connections our bare metal with dielectric grease. Start with big 4 then biggest xs power that will fit and order your alt from Mr Mike singer best alts made.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Remember that an alternator WILL NOT charge up ur battery. All the alternator will do is maintain ur battery power level. The alternator keeps ur battery power level where it is at right now. If ur system is drawing more current then ur alt can replenish, then the difference is taken straight from the battery, therefore lowering ur battery power level. Once its lowered, ur alt wont recharge the loss, it'll only maintain where it is at. I assume that is becuase the current is constantly moving, the current cannot stop and backup and fix what it missed. So If ur Battery is at %100 with a 90amp alt, and ur cars whole new electrical system draws 160amps. That means theres a difference of 70amps. That extra 70amps is gonna get drawn from ur battery, dropping it from %100 to maybe 95%(just an example). So you can see how if ur battery is dropping everytime ur system is pulling 160amps becuase 70amps of it is coming straight off the battery AND the alternator does NOT recharge, the alt will only replenish up to its max amp output. Hope im making some sense lol.

Archived