Sonic Electronix

NEW "EQUIPMENT" CATEGORY

Not sure if this is the right place to suggest something, but i wanted to suggest having an actual fixed category within the "equipment" section of this site. One category for everything to do with DIGITAL signal audio. If this already exists here, sorry, where is it?

It falls into Home Audio or Headunit section depending on what application you're trying to use it for....

Not sure if this is the right place to suggest something, but i wanted to suggest having an actual fixed category within the "equipment" section of this site. One category for everything to do with DIGITAL signal audio. If this already exists here, sorry, where is it?

It falls into Home Audio or Headunit section depending on what application you're trying to use it for....

Not home audio equipment, for car audio equipment. Not just headunits either. I mean headunits, DSPs, amps, cables, files, disks, everything digital for car audio. You know how there is a "amps" section or "subwoofer/enclosure" section? I think there should be a "digital audio" section, where we can post topics pertaining to digital audio.

Not home audio equipment, for car audio equipment. Not just headunits either. I mean headunits, DSPs, amps, cables, files, disks, everything digital for car audio. You know how there is a "amps" section or "subwoofer/enclosure" section? I think there should be a "digital audio" section, where we can post topics pertaining to digital audio.

sounds like redundancy to me... now if you wanted to say separate the HU-equalizers- DSP section I'd understand but I don't think it'll happen as so

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

yea a new forum just for optical is not needed, especially for the few that talk about it and the fewer that actually have it or use it.

The search button can bring up any topics if there is one on that particular subject, if there is not and you got a question about a radio with optical (which is what 4 total headunits) you post in the headunit section, if its a question about optical on a dsp then again you post in the headunit section, if its an amp with optical input then post in the amp section.

No real need for something as this.

With this kind of logic we might as well make a section for headunits with 1 volt preouts, another for 2volt preouts, and another for 4 volt preouts.

Then we need a section for 500wrms amps, a section for 1000wrms amps, 3000wrms amps, and so on..

Oh you have a ported box? better make a section for ported boxes only, and one for sealed boxes only, and one for 4th order bandpass's only, and 6th order bandpasses only.....

Well damn I forgot about series tuned and parallel tuned, so theres another 2 more sections..

Ur being rediculous. Lol ur saying hu to hu, box to box, each has its own, Thats dumb. Im saying a whole digital category. To cover everything from hi res music files, head units, cables, dsp, amps, and whatever else is within digital audio. All in one section, so people dont have to post in a million different sections of topics. That way i wouldnt have to bother guys like u that seem anti-digital lol. With that digital section I could stay in the digital section with other people dealing with and looking for digital audio help and recommendations. But ur right, i dont think it'll get done. Not enough people looking to progress the industry. Out of ALL the different audio industries, i wonder which is running last in the pack.

Ur being rediculous. Lol ur saying hu to hu, box to box, each has its own, Thats dumb. Im saying a whole digital category. To cover everything from hi res music files, head units, cables, dsp, amps, and whatever else is within digital audio. All in one section, so people dont have to post in a million different sections of topics. That way i wouldnt have to bother guys like u that seem anti-digital lol. With that digital section I could stay in the digital section with other people dealing with and looking for digital audio help and recommendations. But ur right, i dont think it'll get done. Not enough people looking to progress the industry. Out of ALL the different audio industries, i wonder which is running last in the pack.

probably the one with 177 posts that's trying to change an internet forum with an already efficient design...

No your being ridiculous thinking it needs a separate section for optical headunits, processors, media, etc when the sections we have are just fine.

You seem to be the only one that has a problem with it.

No one is anti-digital here.

A new section is not needed because they can be discussed in the corresponding sections of what the item relates to without it being off-topic from the subject at hand.
Not to mention those that do run high end setups with optical components of their system they are generally geared towards sound quality, and guess what there is a section just for that as well.

The search option is a powerful tool when used, so if people are looking for a possible answer they can search a couple keywords and see if its a topic that was brought up before like this.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

You want a dedicated section for it start a petition at http://www.change.org

We have 72,197 users here, so I want 36,098 signatures in 18 days from registered users of this site.

The way I see it is if you cant get half the users of this site to agree with you then people are not as interested in it as you and there for not needed.

Good luck!!

Progress the industry, digital, last in the pack, tell me more?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived