Mounting 1 amp underseat and 1 in passanger foot-well

You can PL glue wood to the metal. Then screw the amps to that. There are several epoxies all that. You can screw some angle iron to the metal, then wood to those, then amps to that. There is several ways to skin a install,... derrrr cat.

EDIT- fuck, id have no fear putting a board under a seat. If it fits, and can cool some, fuck,.. who cares. Did some one say it will get a lil dirty? Fuck, who cares. .....

You can PL glue wood to the metal. Then screw the amps to that. There are several epoxies all that. You can screw some angle iron to the metal, then wood to those, then amps to that. There is several ways to skin a install,... derrrr cat.

EDIT- fuck, id have no fear putting a board under a seat. If it fits, and can cool some, fuck,.. who cares. Did some one say it will get a lil dirty? Fuck, who cares. .....

Thanks man, thats what i was lookin for, ill try to look up those things. Ive never done this kinna thing so thats why im askin noob questions. My cars a 06, the underseat carpet looks brandnew besides a receipt and bottle cap and pen lol.

Pull the seat out so you can pull the carpet up to see what is under it. look under the car to see what the screws are going through.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

If you're going to screw/drill through the body, and you do so without seeing what's on the other side that you may or may not put a hole in, then you had no business putting holes there in the first place. WE don't know what is in those places you want to mount. Use common sense and look at where you want to drill/screw. If you can't see that spot, because your trans or gas tank or whatever else is in the way, then find a different spot.

Personally, I'd rather glue/epoxy a board, than putting holes in my ride.

If you're going to screw/drill through the body, and you do so without seeing what's on the other side that you may or may not put a hole in, then you had no business putting holes there in the first place. WE don't know what is in those places you want to mount. Use common sense and look at where you want to drill/screw. If you can't see that spot, because your trans or gas tank or whatever else is in the way, then find a different spot.

Personally, I'd rather glue/epoxy a board, than putting holes in my ride.

Yah im really leaning toward that idea of glue or epoxy. i could put some threaded inserts into the board and epoxy that to the bare metal body, than mount the amp to that board. Can u recommend some glues/epoxys that are really good for this type of application?

PL premium would be effective.

Another option is using factory bolts that are already protruding from the floor. When you remove everything and lift the carpet to apply your deadener, you may find multiple locations with bolts that aren't being used. Same thing with grommets for passing your wiring through if you run it under the body. The holes are already there, might as well use them.

PL premium would be effective.

Another option is using factory bolts that are already protruding from the floor. When you remove everything and lift the carpet to apply your deadener, you may find multiple locations with bolts that aren't being used. Same thing with grommets for passing your wiring through if you run it under the body. The holes are already there, might as well use them.

Is loctite a high quality brand to go with? Or is that generic? Thats the first one that comes up when i google PL glues or epoxys.

Yah i found a pretty good path under the car, and a couple perfect spots up front to run the wire to the under body. At the rear i found a good spot but ill have to drill it out with one of those grommet hole drill bits, i forget the name of it lol. Just savin up a few bucks for the wire, terminals, fuses/holders and some loom/conduits.

I wouldn't use pl, you'd be making it permanent,

and that shit is nasty.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

wire length costing too much? You are in the wrong hobby, shot costs money......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived