Need Help installing new stuff, Much appreciated 

its always a better idea to have more electrical, as opposed to less or just enough.  Do the HO alt, and the 2 new batteries (1 under the hood, 1 in the back).  Obv, if budget allows.  

plus it leaves you room for upgrades in the future if you have the headroom.

a 200amp alt will be barely enough for 2k rms alone.  having the batteries gives you insurance against blowing your amps.  or anything else electrical in your car from low voltage.

You will want a VM(voltage meter) to monitor your electrical. If you get a HO alt and batteries your equipment will run safely and last. If your electrical is weak your risk damaging your equipment. I know its spendy and you can do it in phases just try not to push your system to hard until your electrical upgrades are done. Just my 2 cents.

sounds good to me. If I need all of it then I need it, plain and simple.  Ill went and got 2 new battery's today and ordered a Big 3 kit.  I am just waiting to here back from some emails i sent in to alternator companies on which one to pick.   Other then that I guess Ill hook up the 2 battery's and wire in the big 3 with my new RF amp and see what happens. either way ill be getting a HO alt but will have everything else installed before hand.

1 minute ago, randy0025 said:

sounds good to me. If I need all of it then I need it, plain and simple.  Ill went and got 2 new battery's today and ordered a Big 3 kit.  I am just waiting to here back from some emails i sent in to alternator companies on which one to pick.   Other then that I guess Ill hook up the 2 battery's and wire in the big 3 with my new RF amp and see what happens. either way ill be getting a HO alt but will have everything else installed before hand.

Sounds like you have good info and a plan. Mike Singer @singeralternators would be a great person to contact for a Quote. Had him build me one and couldnt be happier with it. Its 220 amp alt and does very well at keeping voltage in the high 12's at full tilt. My Lance came with a 85 amp alt so i built my system, added battery's ect and then i got the HO alt because i needed it.

Im not sure how it works, but my thoughts on "more batteries with stock alt" is that you will risk having more dead batteries instead of one dead battery lol. The alt is keeping the batteries replenished as the motor runs. A stock alt that cant keep ONE battery replenished from a sound systems power draw, likely wont do much help in replenishing TWO batteries. Thats how i see it anyway, my noob two cents lol. Just dont wait too long to get that new alt, goodluck man

Some people run an onboard trickle charger so they can plug in on the weekends and top up. Even people with big systems do it. When the charging voltage says its over 14v it needs to stay that way long enough to replenish what was taken out.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

so here is what I found.  There are people that make HO alternators for my mazda6,  the issue is no one, I MEAN NO ONE makes a Bridge Rectifier upgrade for my mazda 6.  All these HO alternator company's just upgrade the positive power going out but doesn't upgrade the Bridge rectifiers on my type of car because they dont make one.   After talking to the best local alternator place ( Quick Start ) here in grand rapids Michigan I learned this about the Bridged Rectifier, I also learned that doing the Big 3 isnt as good as doing the Big 4..  Being a electrician and working with Ohms law all the time it totally makes sense after he explained it to me.   here is a video that he pointed me to so i could share with others that he made on youtube.  

So I guess what ill do is look around and see if i can get some alternator company pull a Bridge rectifier out of a liked size 140amp Alternator that is the same size and have them put that into the HO alternator they build for me, because just getting a HO alternator is only half of the job if i dont have that done.   Kinda sucks having a Gen2 mazda 6 as I am finding no one makes sh1t for aftermarket parts on them. 

Archived