KenC210 Posted January 11, 2017 Report Posted January 11, 2017 So I have ran the front and rear channels to the 2 amps I have in the back what I have currently are Y-Splitters. Is there a better option for this? I am curious because it seems if I use the splitter I have a weaker signal. Kids Cadi Power Wheel Build2007 Ford Escape Build2012 Toyota Corolla Build 2013 Toyota Tundra
neuspeedescort Posted January 11, 2017 Report Posted January 11, 2017 does your amp have a line out? if so then you can daisy chain the rca over. it's a much cleaner install and you have less connection points to come loose.
KenC210 Posted January 11, 2017 Author Report Posted January 11, 2017 Uploading photos s we could look at what i'm looking at. No there is no line out on the amps. Kids Cadi Power Wheel Build2007 Ford Escape Build2012 Toyota Corolla Build 2013 Toyota Tundra
KenC210 Posted January 11, 2017 Author Report Posted January 11, 2017 Kids Cadi Power Wheel Build2007 Ford Escape Build2012 Toyota Corolla Build 2013 Toyota Tundra
neuspeedescort Posted January 11, 2017 Report Posted January 11, 2017 don't look to have a line out. guess y's or a cock box may be your only options.
bcbrassard Posted January 13, 2017 Report Posted January 13, 2017 I just looked them up. SBC Cock Box 1 in 3 out runs about $75 on there website. they go up to 1 in & 8 out.
neuspeedescort Posted January 13, 2017 Report Posted January 13, 2017 spendy yes. but likely the cleanest way possible of doing what you need with out line outs on an amp.
bigmizzle99 Posted January 13, 2017 Report Posted January 13, 2017 On 1/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, KenC210 said: So I have ran the front and rear channels to the 2 amps I have in the back what I have currently are Y-Splitters. Is there a better option for this? I am curious because it seems if I use the splitter I have a weaker signal. Use your voltmeter and measure the output to confirm. Measure the output on one of the RCAs, positive led to center pin, negative lead to outer shield, set to AC volts without the Y splitter, then put the Y splitter back on and measure the output at either side of the Y splitter. Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
reedal Posted January 14, 2017 Report Posted January 14, 2017 10 hours ago, bcbrassard said: I just looked them up. SBC Cock Box 1 in 3 out runs about $75 on there website. they go up to 1 in & 8 out. If you send an email to Scott Bowman or PM him on facebook, he'll give you better pricing and options. You just gotta tell him what it is you want. I've got two from him now. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
MrSkippyJ Posted January 14, 2017 Report Posted January 14, 2017 Splitting each RCA once is perfectly fine as far as signal goes. You have 3 pairs from your head unit right? front, rear, and sub? If that is the case then unless it is limiting fading or something I wouldn't worry about it too much. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.