Fusing on multiple runs

Say you amp clamp my truck with an 80 amp alternator, and it clamps 64 amps.

You change the alternator out with a 300 amp alternator. Clamp it again ... What's it going to read ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

2 hours ago, strangeduck said:

this topic always does this,lol i wont give my answer again as it doesnt seem popular.

I know the feeling ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

50 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Say you amp clamp my truck with an 80 amp alternator, and it clamps 64 amps.

You change the alternator out with a 300 amp alternator. Clamp it again ... What's it going to read ???

If all you need is 64 amps then a 300a alt won't make it take more. On the other hand, if you want to give your amp everything it can take then make sure you can give it everything you got.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

20 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

If all you need is 64 amps then a 300a alt won't make it take more. On the other hand, if you want to give your amp everything it can take then make sure you can give it everything you got.

Sorry brother, not the point I'm trying to make at all. 

The current draw (amps) on my stock truck reads (clamped) 64 amps ...

Guess what I'm asking (taken from the info I read on this thread) ... if I replaced my 80 amp alternator with a 300 amp alternator ... Then clamped it, would I read close to 300 amps (alternator output) ???

Yes, there is a point im trying to make that is pertaining to THIS thread ...

If you have a 300 amp alternator ... Does it actually put out 300 amps ?? Or is it capable to handle up a 300 amp draw load from the amplifier (s) and still be able to charge batteries safely ???

well after asking a bunch of people in the industry such as Gary killian, Jon rabe, Mike Singer, Cody Johnson, Galen Winslet, Tony damore

I'm fusing it for Max amperage for wire so going 300 amps per run of 1/0 ofc SHCA. Ty everyone for your help on this 

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

30 minutes ago, Rich Schenk said:

well after asking a bunch of people in the industry such as Gary killian, Jon rabe, Mike Singer, Cody Johnson, Galen Winslet, Tony damore

I'm fusing it for Max amperage for wire so going 300 amps per run of 1/0 ofc SHCA. Ty everyone for your help on this 

Never heard of any of em...........

??

^^ this guy ?

wow that's quite the list of people to ask, lol

and to think, I was just about to figure out a way that my power runs from rear batteries to amps were like 4" long and remove fusing (just in that spot, still have fusing under hood and in back on power runs to batteries coming from front)  but now I might just let it alone for now....haha  ?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

19 hours ago, Rich Schenk said:

Wait, so CJ18 (Cody Johnson / droppinhzcaraudio ) and Mike Singer (Singer Alternators) both said to fuse it for wire max amperage?

I just bought a bunch of 125A ANL fuses so I can fuse my four power wire runs on the DC5K amp in the trunk ><

Can you confirm with them? Isn't it better to fuse for Amplifier if it's rear batt to Amplifier. The front batt going to rear batt can be fused for wire.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

1 hour ago, moh.vze.com said:

The front batt going to rear batt can be fused for wire.

That's the fusing he was talking about

Archived