Sign in to follow this  

First time posting in this thread. Looking for a reliable hard pounding card audio system for around $1k. It is for a chevy Tahoe. So far I am considering getting a pair of Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 4-Ohm with the sundown audio 1500.1 or going with the skar audio 2000.1 monoblock (200$ cheaper). Will custom build the box accordingly and have a solid aftermarket head unit. Does this sound like a good set up for someone looking to get some extra bass from using a pair of L7s in the past?

Is your head unit in that 1k budget as well?

under 1k? I think you are looking at auctions, yard sales and possibly some raw drivers. Unless you just want SPL for sub and just whatever front stage in which case 1K should be plenty, but if you go used you can squeeze more out of it. And do not underestimate the importance of sound treatment or box build/ design. Being in an SUV I assume space is not an issue? How many watts were your L7s on? +1 for incriminator, beast mode 12. And please port the box. :p

Yes for under 1k... Two pair of SA 12's, a amp, and a custom ported box. Anyway, I decided to spend the extra money and went with 2 x series 15 inch subs with the skar 45001. This will be my daily. Building box to spec. Do you guys think I will need to upgrade electrical with this set up?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mpulford311
      just got done with my chevy trailblazer build.  here are the specs
      Mechman 250 Amp Alternator 
      XS D3400 under hood
      XS XP3000 in rear
      big 3 upgrade
      0 gauge GP Car Audio wire throughout 
      heatshrink and lugs crimped by me
      2- Skar EVL 15's wired to 1 ohm
      1- Skar SKV2 3500 watt monoblock
      4- Skar PAX65 6.5's in all 4 doors 
      1- Skar RP 150.4 4 channel amp to the doors

Amps are bolted down with socket head allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      fuseblocks are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      Subs are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      nothing moves 
      all lugs are hydraulic crimped by me 
      all heatshrink done by me  

my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer only 56000 miles on it.

Sony MEX XB100BT radio. It puts out decent power

ripped out the wimpy stock speaker and put in the skar PAX65

installed back in stock location modified the speaker ring BINGO 

mechman 250 Amp alternator.  Out with the old in with the new.

Installed.  Took more time to put belt back on.  1/2 shorter 

under the hood battery

big 3 done.  0 gauge GP Car Audio wire 

couple of fuseblocks ran 

starting of box build 3/4 birch 

got the Skar EVL 15's fitted in there 

monster box in back  LOL

started some wiring.  box has angle brackets which is bolted to wood 
      and wood is bolted to frame the rca's are covering the bolt other bolt 
      is under battery.

got speaker wire and rca's all tesa taped and zip tied down  even put a
      fire extinguisher in.  

used 8 gauge subwoofer wire to subs and 14 gauge to door speakers
      all 0 gauge to amps.  Even used that Bluetooth voltmeter that ExoContralto
      recommended.  works pretty well. 

• By sideshow_kustom
      It's been a LONG time since I have updated this build on here! Hope my video shows up! 😂 I compete in N.S.P.L. so I only test for that class and don't give out my build specs cause I still compete. My scores are Outlaw with mic in the kick with the subs firing from cargo area. That is how the class I compete in is setup. However for those that like to know I'm about 1db down for a legal sealed score mic on windshield. This video was from start to finish for me reaching my 150db goal I set for my self.  

• By Jonathan Mills
      Hello all I tried to find this question already asked which I am sure it has been but don't spend a lot of time on the forum and for some reason find it really complicated to search for stuff.
      My equipment Dc Audio level 6 18 m4, Sundown Audio Scv7500.
      Question #1 What is a good setting for my low pass crossover?
      Question #2 My old amp is a Scv3000 it suffered water damage several mosfets were destroyed in the event. Would sundown be the best place to send it for repair?
      I stepped up quite a notch from the 3000 to the 7500 but its bad ass! Love the woofer I have had them all seems like and before reconing this one it was the M2 series which lasted longer than anything I have ever had. I reconned it maybe 2 months ago I probably would have never blown it but my 3000 watt amp was clipping like fu. I purchased a cheap pos oscilliscope for $60 off amazon after the recone and found out my amp was clipping by the time I turned it up to 10 on my deck. This is the reason I purchased the 7500 so my now M4 woofer could enjoy clean power.

Thanks for your time I appreciate anybody answering this question one more time.
    • By Tin Bloke
      Hi there guys after a few suggestions in regards to a new build, Been out the audio game for a couple of years now. (Im from the UK), My UK based forum I used to use seems to have turned from audio to magazine based sadly. 
      My previous build was in a Citroen C2, Consisted of: Ascendant Audio havoc 12" tuned to 33hz, B2 Quota, Focal 165v30, Genesis profile 1 etc,
      Now my new car is a MK1 8n Audi TT 225. 
      I originally had thoughts of going for 2x12" setup but I think im swayed towards 2x15's.
      After a bit of advice on this sort of setup:
      Standard alternator is pushing 120ah
      Subs: Sundown SA-15 x2, How do these run off of 750w. I know there sweet spots like 1k-1.2k, But I can't afford the jump to 2k watt amp/battery.
      Enclosure: Not sure on 15's only ever built 12's, But at a guess Im thinking 7 cu/ft? Ill post in the enclosure page on help regarding this. Tuning wise, had in mind 28hz but maybe around the 31/32? Opinions?
      Amplifier: Sundown SAE-1500D, Any alternatives if this isn't reccomended?
      Battery: Bit of a newbie area to me. Ideally I'd like a big primary battery that can handle the 1500w. Question is do I buy a 12v? Or 14v? I saw the XS Power XE14-50  Which seems to be able to handle 1500w. Any other suggestions would be great.
      Sound deadening: Silentcoat Multilayer, Had great success with this in my previous car so I'll probably jump on that again.
      HU, Front Comps, Comp  Amp undecided yet as I want to work around the sub setup first.
      Design wise, I did a quick sketchup of an idea I have.
      Inside of the TT looks like this:.

I was thinking a sealed forward facing semi wall I guess sort of setup:.

Bare In mind nothing in the sketchup drawings are to scale it's just to see my idea.
      By semi wall, It won't be permanent. I'll be sealing off the the edges of the "wall" with high pressure ducting foam. Will be secured to the car floor in regards to L brackets or however else I decide to do so.

Bare in mind im from the UK guys, Not many suppliers out here of some of the american brands, (1 Authorised sundown dealer in the whole of uk...).

Any helps appreciated

Jay
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 365 Guests (See full list)