Sign in to follow this  

LAUDYDAUDY    5

First time posting in this thread. Looking for a reliable hard pounding card audio system for around $1k. It is for a chevy Tahoe. So far I am considering getting a pair of Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 4-Ohm with the sundown audio 1500.1 or going with the skar audio 2000.1 monoblock (200$ cheaper). Will custom build the box accordingly and have a solid aftermarket head unit. Does this sound like a good set up for someone looking to get some extra bass from using a pair of L7s in the past?

twalker182    67

Is your head unit in that 1k budget as well?

OnePunch    7

under 1k? I think you are looking at auctions, yard sales and possibly some raw drivers. Unless you just want SPL for sub and just whatever front stage in which case 1K should be plenty, but if you go used you can squeeze more out of it. And do not underestimate the importance of sound treatment or box build/ design. Being in an SUV I assume space is not an issue? How many watts were your L7s on? +1 for incriminator, beast mode 12. And please port the box. :p

LAUDYDAUDY    5

Yes for under 1k... Two pair of SA 12's, a amp, and a custom ported box. Anyway, I decided to spend the extra money and went with 2 x series 15 inch subs with the skar 45001. This will be my daily. Building box to spec. Do you guys think I will need to upgrade electrical with this set up?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tony187soundproof
      So here is my question, I have ofc 4 gauge ran from the front to my back battery. Right now I only have 1 -1000 watt mono block for my sub. I want to power my door speakers with a 4 channel amp. Should I run 0 gauge to a distro block and continue 0 to my power cell and use the 4 gauge for my door speaker amp. Or should I just do another run of 4 gauge to my second amp.

• By BigDWiz
      The Audio Art 100HC is one of the most beautiful amplifier designs EVER!! From the stunning white and polished aluminum exterior to the absolutely incredible internals. The amplifiers dual-mono design by David Yeh has impressed both SPL and SQ users over the years. The amp has a high-current design and is capable of powering speaker loads between 0.5 and 16 ohms. Back in the day this would be considered a 100 watt amp (for competition purposes). The original MSRP (1995-6) was $999 USD and it's main competition were Orion's HCCA and US Amps VLX series amplifiers. In the 90's, many competition classes were divided by 4 ohm rated power, so you could have 2 of these and still be in the 250 watt and under class.
      Here we take a look at this work of "Audio Art" and try it out on the Amp Dyno as well. Spoiler alert...it's down right impressive! Too bad there's not a good way to portray sound quality over YouTube or you would be impressed with more than the looks and output power!
      Watch on YouTube in 1080/60p
      or embedded below:

• By WalledSonic
      Amp guts from a refurbished SAE-1500D.  Its dusty from being in the car.  Should've cleaned it up a lil better for this post but meh.

Not sure what was reworked, but I took some pics of the less-pretty joints:

This looks sketchy as fuck... One of the words under the sharpie is "EXTREME" but I cant make out any of the other words/letters/numbers.

• By Pu61ic3n3my
      So to start out this box will be going into the trunk of a 2005 chrysler 300c. Sub is a Skar Audio DDX 15 being powered by a matching rp 800.1 and max dimensions are: 17H x 31W x XD (D = anything really to make 4 cubes and fit aero port inside box if Possible). I already have a 4 cu ft slot ported box in the back with sub and port facing into the cabin, and it hits nice but i like the look of aero ports plus a change is nice every now and then. 
      Now my question's really come down to: Sub/port placement ( IE: sub up port back, sub/port forward, sub back port forward) and what size aero port(s) should i go with? Looking for around the 32Hz range.. Also is there any advantage in having the length of the port inside the box vs outside?

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 689 Guests (See full list)