Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LAUDYDAUDY

SEEKING HELP FOR BUDGET SYSTEM UNDER 1K

7 posts in this topic

First time posting in this thread. Looking for a reliable hard pounding card audio system for around $1k. It is for a chevy Tahoe. So far I am considering getting a pair of Sundown Audio 12" 750W Dual 4-Ohm with the sundown audio 1500.1 or going with the skar audio 2000.1 monoblock (200$ cheaper). Will custom build the box accordingly and have a solid aftermarket head unit. Does this sound like a good set up for someone looking to get some extra bass from using a pair of L7s in the past?

Is your head unit in that 1k budget as well?

under 1k? I think you are looking at auctions, yard sales and possibly some raw drivers. Unless you just want SPL for sub and just whatever front stage in which case 1K should be plenty, but if you go used you can squeeze more out of it. And do not underestimate the importance of sound treatment or box build/ design. Being in an SUV I assume space is not an issue? How many watts were your L7s on? +1 for incriminator, beast mode 12. And please port the box. :p

Sounds like it will work.

Yes for under 1k... Two pair of SA 12's, a amp, and a custom ported box. Anyway, I decided to spend the extra money and went with 2 x series 15 inch subs with the skar 45001. This will be my daily. Building box to spec. Do you guys think I will need to upgrade electrical with this set up?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joshua Learn
      Looking for anybody to comment back, Hey Guys! Not new to car audio, but never dealt with Sundown or Skar before. Long question short, Would the Skar Audio RP-800.1D Match well with a Sundown EV3 10 or 12 D4 with VCs in parallel? 600wrms rated at 2 ohms on the amp, Subs both rated for 500wrms? Looking to put in the deck shelf of a 1978 Grand Marquis, ported box tuned to 28-30hz is the goal. Not looking to shake everyone around me, just add some nice low end to accompany my Pioneer D series components and 6x9s on a Pioneer 8604. Thanks in advance!
    • By ObTechAudio
      Many of you have seen the sweet build our Russian brothers just completed with (2) 32" Deaf Bonce subs in their clean red Escalade. Well, we too cracked open some vodka and decided it's time to bring some monster subs over to the USA and build a cool ass rig.
      So, without further adieu, we introduce you to the Alpha X -- a sweet ass, chipped paint 6.0L Chevy Suburban packed with:
      (2) 32" Deaf Bonce subs (48) banks of 2.7 / 3000F Maxwell caps (48kw) of new Deaf Bonce Brazilian board amps (3) 390a US Alternators alts (1) independent 250a US Alternators alt Plenty of Deaf Bonce mids and highs with complimentary 4-channels Tons of SMD and SHCA goodies We're finally to a point with the AlphaBlazer to where we can hold off fixing its issues and start working on this one-of-a-kind build. We'd specify some goal or some achievements that we'd like for it to hit and surpass, but Kyle and Kenny (the red burb butt holes) wouldn't stop giving us hell for the AlphaBlazer's post, so screw it this time around. We just want the damn thing to play and turn some heads. Think we can do that. Tune in - this should be fun!

• By LAUDYDAUDY
      Finally finished the enclosure. 2 Sundown X 15s on a sundown SAZ-3000d. Running at 1 ohm. Box is tuned to 32 hz. Running 4 neo pro 6.5 in the doors and 4 sundown super tweeters. Sounds awesome!

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,156 Guests (See full list)