Winston Lithium Vs JY Power Lithium Vs AGM's!!

17 minutes ago, Raptorman said:

There are still the 80's form JY. which perform a lot better than the 73's, especially if you bought the really cheap Ebay ones that were floating around the groups recently.

Yeah I bought two banks of the 73's that had been shared on Facebook. I'd found them a long time ago. Travis said they were probably closer to the JY 45's that are currently out. So in your opinion I'd be better off going with the winston 100's?

It does not matter if you have more alternator power than the battery is rated for. The rating tells you what it will take in. As the SOC lowers, and the IR lowers, it will draw more current. As SOC and IR rise it pulls less and less. I have 390amps+ on tap total for alternators yet the Winston is only rated for 1C (90amps) of continuous charge. It will take in about 160 amps at most if I get it really low. Can't overcharge. They take in what they want to.

Also JB and Limitless, etc, have very different build-styles than the JY/Winston cells. QC and R/D is not nearly as high. I respect those guys and their companies, but they are hand-built likely in their garages. Not in a controlled factory environment.

And yes you would think that. But when you talk about someone as big as Steve there is usually more at play than money and performance. Politics are more often than not, involved.

Edit:
Also a lot of the larger SPL guys are currently using them. You just won't see them here on the forums, they are on facebook. Steve Mead, Joe Price, Yuyang Jin, etc etc. A lot of lithium guys waxed the AGM guys last year in the lanes.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

45 minutes ago, moh.vze.com said:

I'd like to hear from AudioFanaticz if his opinion on lithium batteries has changed from last year:

If Lithium batteries were the way to go, we'd see Steve Meade using it already. I'll wait until more of the big spl guys use them before I try it in my car.

Comment don't make a lot of sense (I'm speaking of yours. Not Brian's. A lot of us where sketchy when lithium first dropped).  A lot of the first gen Lith sucked. Sucked bad.. but, times are changing. And changing for the good.

Lithium guys killed it in comps last year. Not a ton running them yet. (YET) And not many that do long run averages. Mostly burps. But those that did, did monster well. Smashed the agm guys, and more importantly, increased their own personal best. Which says a lot. Im not sure who you think is "a big spl guy" but, there where several world records set, ... set with lithium. Not sure how many comps you go to a year. For all i know, you are a leader in the ORG you run, but, coming from me, a guy that hit a dozen "real comps" last season, including several 3x events, and went to world finals, and competed, .... lithuim is going no where. Getting a LOT bigger in fact. Coming in strong as fuck. 

As far as Steve Meade running them or  not, that's a odd comment. I don't care (in fact dont like at all) for SOME , not all of the gear he runs. No way I'd decide for me, based on, Just because he runs it.  Mad respect for the man, but no way I'd chose what is best for me based on what he runs. 

Great test Hunter. Good poop 

Lithium is the future. I'm just not sure if it's my future or when. I haven't done enough research to feel comfortable with them. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

3 hours ago, n8ball2013 said:

Lithium is the future. I'm just not sure if it's my future or when. I haven't done enough research to feel comfortable with them. 

I... and others are with you. We heard about LITH years ago. Hell, i have years old post having to do with the subject. Fact is, when it first rolled out,... it was new, and a bit scary..... but times are changing. Ive seen and witnessed some wicked impressive shit the last few months.  In time, IMHO, a lot will be running lithium. Its getting so stable, reliable, and works, cost per, and weight savings,........ that, its wicked hard to deny.  That, is fact. 

I got a 17 year old stock alternator with my jb 20ah and no other battery with a scv3000. I can't believe how much work that little battery is doing.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

lol i was coming in here for a shitstorm.

Good test raptor

glad i watched the video

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

People be forgetting XS Power had lithium batteries in 2010 already...
LONG before JY, Long before Juicebox.

Lithium is nothing new to XS Power by any means!

Proof is here, the article date is from May 13, 2010 :http://www.dragzine.com/news/new-products/xs-power-introduces-the-l925-16-lithium-powerpack/

L92516-01-320x291.jpg

Back when you needed special lithium chargers.

Back then it was a different lithium type, they had low charge ratings such as 25 amps MAX so you wouldnt be able to use an alternator on them.

They were more marketed to racers than car audio.

Now either they were never good sellers or they got a good offer for that line and they sold their technology to another brand called, or another brand made them for XS Power.

Which one is correct I am not aware of, but that other brand is Lithium Pros. https://www.lithiumpros.com/
As you can see in this photo another model of the older XS Power lithium batteries, with the Lithium Pros logo sticker that came with the batteries.

XS_Power.jpg

That being said Im almost certain that Lithium Pros is making the current line XS Power Lithium batteries for XS Power, and they are Made in the USA.

As I stated in the other post XS Power never clarified the type of lithium being used, and from everything I could find other manufactures were saying they are NOT lifePo4 cells making them not as safe in attempts to get customers to buy there batteries.
But all the XS Power batteries are LifePo4

Lithium Ion is just a blanket name that covers all the battery types, kind like how everyone calls acrylic "plexiglass", when iirc Plexiglass is a brand name that makes acrylic.

Hunter did a great video, I just wish he would of went head to head with the batteries and not do 2.5 times the draw on the JY due to it being 2.5 times the price.
The 90ah battery had weaker loads put on it than the JY 80ah, would of like to see the larger loads on the larger battery to see a real apples to apples comparison to show.
So Im thinking either the Winston either falls on its face with the larger draws on it, or it walks all over the JY.
Why else wouldnt you compare them head to head unless you are biased towards one of the brands.
If you can get similar performance for less than 2.5 times the price, or if the larger ah rating battery doesnt stand a chance against the smaller ah rating battery I would think that would be something you would want to show.

Archived