Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Shallow subs


Beanz

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

If hes not happy with the sundowns hea not going to be happy woth any of the ultra shallow mount subs that youve posted either.

its just that weve been having issues with the dust cap coming apart from the surround and the way the sub is built the dust cap goes inside of the surround not on the outside. We've had it happen to two subs already.Just thinking maybe its a bad glue job or something not sure.Kinda weird it happend on 2..so now hes maybe looking into other subs 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

The only shallow mount sub I've ever heard with decent ouput and SQ would be the rockford t1s woofers, they dont even sound like shallow woofers even in a small box and I've installed thousands (literally) of shallow type woofers. Other then that, i find all other shallow woofers without split coils to lack output,power handling and/or sq so be prepared with the cheaper shallow woofers

Posted

I ran 3 DD shallow 10's for about a year then raised my seat and got 3 SA10' s . Now the DD's just sit in my closet and that's where all shallow subs should be not trying to be a dick but unless u listen to only rock music there useless. And the DD's can handle a lot of power it just doesn't sound the same . They have good drum bass but for rap music they can't hang.If u lived by me would love to let u hear them.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted
8 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I ran 3 DD shallow 10's for about a year then raised my seat and got 3 SA10' s . Now the DD's just sit in my closet and that's where all shallow subs should be not trying to be a dick but unless u listen to only rock music there useless. And the DD's can handle a lot of power it just doesn't sound the same . They have good drum bass but for rap music they can't hang.If u lived by me would love to let u hear them.

You ever put a meter to the 10s? How low would the bass hit at?

Posted

No I wish I did I was impressed with the power the DD's took but it just wasn't the same with my SA's my visors shake 2 to 3 inches and that never happened with the DD's . Like I said hard drum bass with rock u feel it in your chest but a 30 to 40hz cycle didn't sound the same .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted
On 4/12/2017 at 2:22 PM, slowfkncar said:

The only shallow mount sub I've ever heard with decent ouput and SQ would be the rockford t1s woofers, they dont even sound like shallow woofers even in a small box and I've installed thousands (literally) of shallow type woofers. Other then that, i find all other shallow woofers without split coils to lack output,power handling and/or sq so be prepared with the cheaper shallow woofers

Those look like some great subs ..kinda pricey tho lol 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

So update on the sundown SDA3 subs..I believe that the subs were not glued correctly which was causing the sub to come apart from the dustcap from the surround..So this new version that we got now has stitching around that part so hopefully it should stand a lot better..Ill try and post a pic later on work PC right now 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted
On 20/04/2017 at 7:25 PM, Beanz said:

Those look like some great subs ..kinda pricey tho lol 

Yeah it is pricey, neo motor 3" coil & split yoke and the low end sounds fucken amazing in small sealed boxes. Personally id still take the sd-3's though, knowing id have much easier access to softparts ect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5175 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...