Sonic Electronix

Hooking up 4 amps ( 2x5k's & 125.4x2). Anything special I need to do? Cockbox?

I've never ran more than 2 amps. How do I hook up multiple 4 channels. A little confused since there's front and rear etc... Amps are 2x Wolfram W4500.1 and 2x 125.4's. I have a 10k build I'm starting. I would appreciate any advice on this. On other big systems I've seen "cockbox"? Can someone chime in on these? 

Just "split" what ever channel you want/need. Ive used 3 cock boxes in my time. I like Bowman (Scott) , and like to show support, so that was what we chose to use for my splitting needs. 

Cock box is mounted bottom left in pic. One chan IN, 4 OUT (sub stage)

11822780_1096110303750816_6093682273493856943_n.jpg.b99871089ea4ae6c61e2cef154233fd7.jpg

Up top on the roof. One chan IN, 6 OUT (sub stage)

13119818_1258297347532110_6386362647377603307_o.thumb.jpg.c139a0562c4d8671a7e663c34c79fbce.jpg

Your head unit should have front rcas, rear rcas, and sub rcas ... if not, you need to upgrade ... 

should be a no brainer there brother. Just saying 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

3 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Your head unit should have front rcas, rear rcas, and sub rcas ... if not, you need to upgrade ... 

should be a no brainer there brother. Just saying 

Running a pioneer avh 4200 nex in Maxima and all my RCA's are currently in use with jus 2 amps... 

Thats why he said to upgrade your HU for 3 channels out. Y-Splitter rca's or pass thru on a amp with provide the 4 ch needed.

6 hours ago, DiBo said:

Running a pioneer avh 4200 nex in Maxima and all my RCA's are currently in use with jus 2 amps... 

The specs show you have 3 4V preamp RCA outputs on that head unit. You should be all set to wire up multiple amps just do what has been said above. Relay to turn on amps, and a RCA splitter or cock box for your signal.

"2x Wolfram W4500.1 and 2x 125.4's." 

Your RCAs are split into three groups in your case. Lows, Mids, and Highs or some similar form/name. You want to have two sub amps that each require a lows input, so you will need a 1 to 2 cock box or a splitter so you can have a single input but two outputs. The same goes for your mids and highs but the only difference is that when you plug in your mids into a splitter or cock box you will have two outputs of mids that go into each of your 125.4s respectively. Same for the highs. 

Relay: https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-RLS125-12-VCD-Automotive-Relay/dp/B0002KR9GG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1530450625&sr=8-11&keywords=relay and for if you don't know what a relay does mark made a pretty good video showing exactly what they do here: 

Cock Box: http://skyhighcaraudio.com/sbc-cock-boxes/ (you can find them on different stores / sellers) OR RCA SPLITTER: https://www.ebay.com/i/292618757448?chn=ps (something like these, doesn't matter the brand but these will be cheaper then a Cock Box)

Goodluck on the 10k build man! 

I mentioned the use of the relay because it will likely need an additional fused circuit...to use to turn the amps on and also for whatever lights, fans,  dc-ac converters, beer coolers, DJ turntables, par can lights, smoke machines, oil slicks, or electromagnetic rail guns you may wish to add.  These things are pretty important so you should factor them in right from the start!

I am still working on the design for my electromagnetic rail gun but the circuit is there waiting for it.....

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

i run 5 amps off the deck remote, no cockbox but 4 of the amps have special link mode

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Archived