ChristianR Posted April 22, 2019 Report Posted April 22, 2019 I am putting a system in my truck and im not sure what kind of mids and highs to run. I want my system to be real loud yet sound really good. I have a MB Quart 800.4 which i will be using. I was thinking of getting two crescendo 6.5s and two bullet tweeters and running the mids on channels 1&2 and the tweets on 3&4 but that would leave me with no rear fill and im not familiar with the clarity of that kind of set-up. Please help me figure out what would be best for my application!!
Mike4068 Posted April 22, 2019 Report Posted April 22, 2019 I'm running 8 speakers on my 4 channel amp. 2 speakers per channel wired in parallel so each channel is seeing a 2 ohm load. This setup would give you more options.
Joshdashef Posted April 22, 2019 Report Posted April 22, 2019 I run a set of Rockford t2 components active like you thought about running your crescendos. Imo honestly love the sound, and have no desire for a rear fill addition like a coaxial in the rear deck (2 door coupe) if anything I want to put either another set of t2 components and run them at 2 ohms or grab some 8s for mid bass and make some custom doors your 800.4 could handle more speakers so you might wanna consider what mike said and run at 2 ohms instead of 4 SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Ron36 Posted April 22, 2019 Report Posted April 22, 2019 I’m a big fan of Alpine type R components. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
BassMunky Posted April 22, 2019 Report Posted April 22, 2019 It really up too you man... Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported
BassMunky Posted April 22, 2019 Report Posted April 22, 2019 McLaren with some Orion amps Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported
Ron36 Posted April 22, 2019 Report Posted April 22, 2019 10 minutes ago, BassMunky said: It really up too you man... Do your research and read a lot of reviews this site is a great start. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.