Noob in need of expert opinions Send Help! Drop Some Knowledge!

Almost done building my door panels which will have 2 6.5s 1 8in and 1 tweeter in each. I do not have any crossovers and want to keep my factory head unit. Iam looking to possibly getting a DSP instead of wiring up a shit ton of crossovers. Can anyone reccomend a good one with 8 channels or possible setup alternatives that will meet my needs? I live in Hawaii so the only options I've seen locally were a Masconi for 1k and RF 3sixty for 700. I'm not worried about having the most amazing SQ I just want to make sure I have them all tuned properly as I don't want to blow any of them.

If needed the vehicle is a 2016 Veloster. Both sets of 6.5s are Deaf Bonce Arnold's pushed my a Deaf Bonce AAK 201.4. The 2 8s and 2 tweeters are Rockford Fosgate Pro speakers pushed by a T600.4. 

20191006_050107.jpg

Personally, you would have better luck with a 8”, 4”, tweet. Going to have overlap and frequency gaps. DSPs are not miracle workers. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

2 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Cheapy dsp. The Dayton 408.  Best dsp (in my opinion) get he helix. 

42 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Of course I'm going to recommend RF 3sixty

But Dayton is great as well. The Dayton is in use more than the Rockford in all of the sound quality guy setups I've seen online here and in DIY mobile

Most processors out today work exceptionally well, and easy to use in their own way. But they are not miracle workers. Install is still key and is different with each and every application. My personal favorite is the Helix, but still say I can do just as good with my Avalanche without it. That is if I can find the time to work on it ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

8 hours ago, AaronT said:

Of course I'm going to recommend RF 3sixty

But Dayton is great as well. The Dayton is in use more than the Rockford in all of the sound quality guy setups I've seen online here and in DIY mobile

Wow that one is alot more coat effective compared to other options. 

12 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Personally, you would have better luck with a 8”, 4”, tweet. Going to have overlap and frequency gaps. DSPs are not miracle workers. 

True. I already purchased the 6.5s from down4sound so I dont want to go through the hassle of returns considering I live in Hawaii and the panels are nearly finished. My main concern is just having them all run at the proper frequencies so I dont blow any. Plus I'm not as concerned for SQ just trying to keep up with my 15. Thank you for the information. Also when you say 4"tweeter does the rockford one count I think its 4" diameter and 1in coil.

5 hours ago, SiahSon said:

True. I already purchased the 6.5s from down4sound so I dont want to go through the hassle of returns considering I live in Hawaii and the panels are nearly finished. My main concern is just having them all run at the proper frequencies so I dont blow any. Plus I'm not as concerned for SQ just trying to keep up with my 15. Thank you for the information. Also when you say 4"tweeter does the rockford one count I think its 4" diameter and 1in coil.

I meant midbass, midrange, and tweet. 3 way setup

Archived