Sundown Audio

Budget of $500. Looking for a 3-4k rms amp

chicago1

I just got my hippo xlr 12 which is a 3k rms it's a 66 pound monster. I have a 350 amp alternator coming and will be doing the big 3 with 0 gauge. I can't decide on a amp. I was looking at a skar 2k and a wolfram 2400 and they push about 2.5k rms. My understand and please correct me if I am wrong is I rather have a bigger amp that pushed way more and turn it down then having to push a amp that makes 2.5k at full throttle all the time, I looked at the Taramps but 4 gauge inputs wire on a 3k rms amp just does not sit right with me. I guess this is the one time that I will actually spend some money without buying the cheapest thing around. I hope my budget of 500 is doable. Thanks for your time  

I’m a big Skar RP fan when it comes to budget builds , but it always pays to just spend the money on the better quality amps when the watts go up. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

18 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I’m a big Skar RP fan when it comes to budget builds , but it always pays to just spend the money on the better quality amps when the watts go up. 

Yeah the Skar 3500 is over 5 so I think I rather get something else or a better name brand. Nothing wronf with that Skar but I would go with something better in that price range

23 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Sundown sfb-3000  falls in that budget 

Wow that is a awesome amp. Thank you

23 hours ago, Gunnem said:

taramps is proven on the SMD dyno

yeah they have also proven to start fires. Not a big fan 

18 hours ago, Ron36 said:

The RP is right in your budget but the SK is really nice.

1CC51FB3-CBAF-4A66-9167-764647FC2122.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

If your just looking for 2200-2400 watts the Skar RP 2000.1 does 3k on the amp dyno.  $240 on Amazon or the SK1500.1 

Eh.... You got all the groundwork for a great pounding system

Big alt, wiring, etc.

Do not choke your options with an amp that just "is acceptable" cuzz I promise in a few months if not sooner your going to be wanting something slightly better, but then you'll be having to spend the whole amount again with a 500 loss to start.

Save a bit more and get that budget into the 750-900 range. 

But as far as suggestions for budget, the Brazilian full bridge amps do put up big boy numbers. But they are very very fussy as far as over and under voltage.

But you got the muscle to feed en right. I'd suggest the sound digital line, but they are quite pricey as far as far as Brazilian amps go, and are as much if not more than higher quality chink or Korean boards.

I'd look to audio legion, synergy, us acoustics - these are 3.5-4ks in the 700-799 range.

Or bump it up a bit more for Orion XTR 4k, crescendo, or incriminator audio 30.1 4k ($1089)

The incriminator is the best one on the list, but it is really miles ahead of the others, they are not cookie cutter Amps.

• Patent Pending SplitForce Technology
  • Dual MOS-FET Pulse Width Modulation Power Supply
  • 1 Ohm Stable Topology / 16 Volt Stable
  • Input Voltage Display / REM-I Remote Indicator Status
  • Heavy Duty 3 Oz Copper Layer Double Sided Epoxy PCB
  • Extremely High Tolerance Electrical Components For Reliability
  • Proprietary Custom Tooled Heatsink with Onboard PCB Support For Vibration Resistance
  • High End Silver Tiffany RCA Inputs with Metal Potentiometers
  • Segmented Black Molded Oversized 1/0 Power and Ground Inputs
  • 4 AWG Speaker Connections
  • Advanced Strapping with Mirror Technology
  • Multi-Layer Bullet Proof Protection Circuit
  • Remote Bass/Gain with Clipping Indicator
  • 1 Year Limited Warranty
  • Rated Power ( 14.4V at 1% THD )

Everything I have read about incriminator audio has been good. 

also just to throw this out. There is a guy on the forums here selling an Orion xtr for cheap. If you are not sure what you want and where you want to go, you could start out there and get a different amp later. I think he is asking $250 right now.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, CstrokerV said:

Sundown sfb-3000 falls in that budget 

What he said 

2 Sundown SA-12's D4 ohm 4 Cubes slot port tuned to 32hz on a DC Audio 2.0k

All Certified Basshead 1/0 OFC dual runs from alternator to XS Power D2400 up front, dual runs from front to XS Power D3100 in the back. Big 3.

2 DC Audio 6.5 Convertibles on a DC Audio 90.4 

1995 Toyota 4Runner 3.0L V6 SR5

Archived