Shyne151 Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 from what i understand a 2 gauge power, 20 guage remote, fuse, and rca's will run 50 bucks. You know, a wiring "kit". Think my store would sell a few if they were 4/0 wire (the big shit) a 300 amp fuse, 10 gauge remote and Stinger dream series (thats direction triple shielded wire) with some badass RCA's on the ends. Would 250 bucks for 20 feet of each be unreasonable? \I don't know what kind of 2gauge kits you're looking at, but our budget 4gauge kits start at $50... -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
jonathancullen89 Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 i wouldnt even think about buying one. id rather get a role of 0 guage, u dont need 10 guage remote. rca's and speaker wire knu all the way. i think its way to expensive 1992 cavalier build 1992 blazer s10 kenwood cd hifonics hfi2500d 6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's shit ton-o-wire Blurred Vision Audio Team SMD feedback/refs. clicky!-
Guest Powered By Hate Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 i wouldnt even think about buying one. id rather get a role of 0 guage, u dont need 10 guage remote. rca's and speaker wire knu all the way. i think its way to expensive I wish you guys were right... You're not though. Call MA and tell them you cant get your 4000D's to turn on. Tell em they're modified and run at .7 ohms. I'm willing to bet someone a dollar. If I'm wrong.. not only am I a fool but I'll a dollarless fool and you'll have won an internet bet. Shyne151 this is directed at you for calling me a liar. I'm not an electrician but I dont think 40 amps can pass through 18 gauge wire. Did you ignore the part where I said they draw 40 amps? Oh yeah.. so the remotes are too big, the price is too high, and the fuse isnt big enough. I'll rethink and post again. So far you guys seem to hate it =] Then again.. you guys arnet the general public.
jonnylowkon Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 I wish you guys were right... You're not though. Call MA and tell them you cant get your 4000D's to turn on. Tell em they're modified and run at .7 ohms. I'm willing to bet someone a dollar. If I'm wrong.. not only am I a fool but I'll a dollarless fool and you'll have won an internet bet. 250 amp mechman alt Sundown 100.4D Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze Sundown ZV3 12d2 Sundown sa6.5cs X2 Kenwood X597 Trying something new 2011 Chevy Cruze X8 1500v2
kingsuv Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 I didn't have to run 10g wire and 40 amps to turn my Ma Audio amps Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
REVOK1NER Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 A ran a non-modified HK4000D off of an 8 gauge power and ground, and a 20 gauge remote. It worked fine. I understand yours are modified but that cant make that much of a difference. A lot of people get stuff done to there amps to make them put out more power and they never need a larger remote wire. 2000 Ford Explorer XLT -20" RVM "Buck" Wheels -2.5% Tint -CompuStar Vizion Alarm -(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7" -1 XStatic BatCap Model 300 -2 18" DC LVL 4's -Amps are undecided
wL<3bass Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 I wish you guys were right... You're not though. Call MA and tell them you cant get your 4000D's to turn on. Tell em they're modified and run at .7 ohms. I'm willing to bet someone a dollar. If I'm wrong.. not only am I a fool but I'll a dollarless fool and you'll have won an internet bet. Shyne151 this is directed at you for calling me a liar. I'm not an electrician but I dont think 40 amps can pass through 18 gauge wire. Did you ignore the part where I said they draw 40 amps? Oh yeah.. so the remotes are too big, the price is too high, and the fuse isnt big enough. I'll rethink and post again. So far you guys seem to hate it =] Then again.. you guys arnet the general public. ummmm if it takes 40 amps to turn them on that would come from the 12v side not the remote.....and OT but a 1amp powersupply (not computer) wouldn't turn my T8004 on..... Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
jonnylowkon Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 were they modified?U= 250 amp mechman alt Sundown 100.4D Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze Sundown ZV3 12d2 Sundown sa6.5cs X2 Kenwood X597 Trying something new 2011 Chevy Cruze X8 1500v2
audiofanaticz Posted October 7, 2008 Report Posted October 7, 2008 I wish you guys were right... You're not though. Call MA and tell them you cant get your 4000D's to turn on. Tell em they're modified and run at .7 ohms. I'm willing to bet someone a dollar. If I'm wrong.. not only am I a fool but I'll a dollarless fool and you'll have won an internet bet. Shyne151 this is directed at you for calling me a liar. I'm not an electrician but I dont think 40 amps can pass through 18 gauge wire. Did you ignore the part where I said they draw 40 amps? You fail worse then reinke that has the new windows OS, and magic programs that arnt even made yet by microsoft and cant produce proof... I have a buddy that runs a modded ma... and yup his remote turn wire is a single 16 gauge... 40 amps to turn a amp on is total bs!!! 4 amps to turn a amp on is total bs!!! 1 amp to turn a amp on is total bs!!! Maybe 0.4 amps to turn a amp on is correct... The nub just got his decimal place in the wrong spot! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.