Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Bass head, or SQ  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. Bass Head

    • Yes
      34
    • No
      4
  2. 2. Sound Quality

    • Yes
      30
    • No
      8
  3. 3. SQL- SQ with a little heavier bass line-competable

    • Yes
      35
    • No
      3


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'am asking this for a few reasons, I'am not just extremely bored and curious, but its getting somewhere

1 thing I see lacking most on set ups here, and who I see on daily basis is actual Sound Quality. To me sound quality is something like a good amplified 2/3 way components up front, and maybe a 12" in the back

On this forum there is tons of Bass heads, me to, I'am one- I will crank that bass up on some Jeezy ANY day, anywhere, but when I put on the Santana, Eagles, or something with alot more other acoustic instruments, I want to feel like the band is playing on a stage in front of me, or like Iam back at home.

I'am looking in to getting in to something sooner or later regarding components- That is one thing I see alot of companies lacking, everyone is relying on bass and huge giggawatts of power to make there sales.

I'am looking to do some custom work on the sides with matching up components based on cars, building cross overs, and doing this as a service to make some side money. I've built cross overs for years, not only subwoofer's, as hobbies, and as employment. Which it all have included from single way 6db to 4 way, 24 db ( nightmare)

I actually enjoy doing it, and Iam sure there is a market for it.

I will be building up some budget component systems here really soon, in the next few weeks, afew 6.5s and some 4"s and something else in the works..

So the pole is up there at top to see how important a good soundstage is to you

I know when I was 18years old, I could care less, some x9s in the back, and 4 12s in the trunk, and I was happy

Thats what the pole is for, to see what the market can be like

I know custom is more than buying pre fab- Or is it?

You can buy universal cross overs 12db at Partsexpress for $35 each one

Or I can make some that are built to specs of your speakers, keep everything in perfect order, using high grade capacitors, inductors, and resistors, and lighting fuses(lamps you see in the MB Quart high end crossovers to disapait energy) for power handling

And pay about $80+ for that piece of mind your getting the right system pieced together

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

Lots of bass, crisp highs, audible mids but not very.

Clean and precise bass mind you, kinda tired of the 'boominess.'

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted

And this is why I respect you...

Flat response 20/20k dude, that's what I am after. Definately interested in your crossover design, especially with PTC's and bulbs, that would be a definate boon. 24db/oct preferable, in Linkwitz/Riley or Butterworth. In terms of loudspeakers, I'd love low moving mass high range and I know I'd cream at ribbon HF drivers.

But seeing what you've done so far, I'm sure any driver you produce will be of high standard.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Posted
I will crank that bass up on some Jeezy ANY day, anywhere, but when I put on the Santana, Eagles, or something with alot more other acoustic instruments, I want to feel like the band is playing on a stage in front of me

exactly, I voted yes for all.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted

man, you guys are NOT making it easy on me! lol

Its looking like PA style mids, and screaming highs is what most people want

then a SQL style component system

SQ last

Well, it also goes to show that in that order, that the PA style would naturally be cheaper to piece together

the SQL could be the middle

And if I did SQ set ups based SEAS, or Lotus components, it all might work out fine, because the Low end would be PA based, like Eminence, SQL maybe based on HiVi

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 907 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...