To make it even lower he could also extend a port off of the loading wall. Find out how many cubes you have in front of the subs in the clam shell and let me know. I'll help you find out how long to make a port to slap in there to tune it to 30 hz or whatever you want it tuned to. That would make it a true 4th order bandpass.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

No lows oh dear!

How big is your enclosure?

So we can work out how much space there is per per subwoofer.

Do the subs play into a seperate chamber each or one common chamber?

My saying: "A boom a day keeps the hearing away."

Well, the TL didn't come in until yesterday and I had already sold some subs so it was on it's way out...

Thanks for the recommendations though! My next build is gonna be better with better subs. No more entry level stuff. I'm working to troubleshoot a power issue I'm having then we're looking at 8-16k.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Wow that didn't last long :o

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

I swear this guy must have Chicken money. Time to sit down and plan the build out completely and do it so it actually meets your expectations for once perhaps?

x-mutha-fucking-two

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Damn got the TL to late huh?

from the vid, those 10s had some serious impact, which is good if you wanted to meter well

You are a lucky guy to be able to tear down, build up, tear down, and build up again, what is this, box 3 or 4?? lol

Good luck man, as I said in one of your other build logs, Best way to learn, trial and error

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Neo,

If you are still intent on working with a lot of 10"s, you gotta check out Oki's post on his other car. If I was building with several smaller subs, this is THE perfect one to model, and the guy knows what he is doing.

Just an FYI for construction ideas.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry505568

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Well, the TL didn't come in until yesterday and I had already sold some subs so it was on it's way out...

Thanks for the recommendations though! My next build is gonna be better with better subs. No more entry level stuff. I'm working to troubleshoot a power issue I'm having then we're looking at 8-16k.

my moneys its on your enclosures not being correct, not the subs neing entry level

Posted Image

Archived