Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Hello Torres, thanks for looking into the port displacement calculation flaw, to me is just enough that your manual calculations basically match with with mine, furthermore I have found a little mistake with my calculations as well so your manual result was 1.04 cuft and mine have been corrected to 1.05 cuft.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I am a noob when it comes to building boxes. Your program asks for the size to make a port pretty much. Is there a program to help with designs of boxes with you putting in the estimate size of box you want? Or am I not understanding your program and it does that? I want to do my first big system. And doing a lot of research before I jump in to doing it and mess it up... I like to so things right the first time.... And help would be appreciated.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

So will this eventually be able to work on a iPad?

yes, eventually. absolutely no time frame tho.

So, I am a noob when it comes to building boxes. Your program asks for the size to make a port pretty much. Is there a program to help with designs of boxes with you putting in the estimate size of box you want? Or am I not understanding your program and it does that? I want to do my first big system. And doing a lot of research before I jump in to doing it and mess it up... I like to so things right the first time.... And help would be appreciated.

with this you put in dimensions of a box, then put in the dimensions of a port, and it will figure out the tuning of the box. some knowledge is required as to how much port to use, what style box will work best for your specific vehicle, etc. so basically, you're in the heavy research mode. keep looking and reading and asking questions before you jump into anything head first

Any chance this could be made into an APP for the android market place?

eventually, but as with apple products, no set time frame.

Any chance this could be made into an APP for the android market place?

already there, look for box tune calculator

i stated in the other thread, but will state in this as well just so it's posted in both, that isn't my calculator. i hope to start development on it soon, but i always seem to run into setbacks

I believe that's like 2 L-ports in a divided box ported in the center..so the 2 ports share the center divider as a common port wall

Correct me if I am wrong...I know somebody will

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived